Tim Miles receives one-year contract extension

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't really know where else to put this but this has always been one of my biggest complaints with Tim and it's getting a light shone on it in the playoffs for how important it is: 

"Sometimes he draws stuff up, and I look at it, I'm like [confused]," Horford said while playfully scrunching his face. "But Marcus delivered it, great pass, I missed some shots that I normally make there, but I made that one, so it was good."

Brown, who said Stevens drew up a "helluva playcall" when Brown produced a similar layup after catching a lob with Ersan Ilyasova defending late in regulation, marveled at the way Stevens put his team in position for key baskets.

"We got two game-winning, game-tying buckets -- layups. That says it all," Brown said. "We played hard, we fought, it was a tough environment, but when it came to an ATO [after-timeout play] to draw up, a big basket that we needed, we were getting layups. I tip my hat off to Brad Stevens."

The 41-year-old Stevens has become renowned for his after-timeout playcalls, particularly in anticipating how the opposition will defend a certain action.

This postseason, the Celtics have run a league-high 138 after-timeout possessions, according to Synergy Sports data. The Celtics are averaging 1.029 points per play, the fifth-best mark among the 16 playoff teams through Saturday's games. The Celtics are averaging 0.984 points per play overall this postseason, ranking eighth overall, according to Synergy data.

"That man Brad Stevens is a guru," Morris said. "He might have the best out-of-bounds plays I've ever seen. He called the switch [that got Horford on Covington at the end of overtime] and knew it was going to happen."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23417899/al-horford-praises-boston-celtics-coach-brad-stevens-genius

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

There is a reason why every college job that opened up the last few years had his name attached.  

yeah I wasn't really saying we needed to hire Brad Stevens, just more so pointing out the importance of scoring out of time outs. Its seemingly been one of our biggest weaknesses under HCTM for whatever reason (although I admittedly don't have the data to back that up). I just continue to think back to the Ohio State game this year where we came out of the time out in a crucial must score situation and stood in place dribbling for 12 seconds before we got a shot clock violation and think how nice it would be to have a coach that could draw something up in a time out that worked. 

4 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

yeah I wasn't really saying we needed to hire Brad Stevens, just more so pointing out the importance of scoring out of time outs. Its seemingly been one of our biggest weaknesses under HCTM for whatever reason (although I admittedly don't have the data to back that up). I just continue to think back to the Ohio State game this year where we came out of the time out in a crucial must score situation and stood in place dribbling for 12 seconds before we got a shot clock violation and think how nice it would be to have a coach that could draw something up in a time out that worked. 

Oh yeah, I know what you meant, I didn't mean to imply anything.  Brad is great...I thought he was going to end up at Indiana or Duke...There was an outside shot he was going to be at Illinois...that Celtics offer seemed to come out of nowhere and probably means he will never come back to college.