Barbara Bush Passes Away

2 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

I wonder why that would be ? A protocol thing or a too busy thing . Idk what Obama was doing Instead of those funerals,  but I think he would have been crucified if he went golfing instead . 

only guessing...but maybe all the former and current presidents in the same place at the same time is too much of a security risk?

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Bull s#!t. 

The place would already be locked down with all the ex presidents and the First Lady there. 

Yes.  But their motorcade wouldn't outshine the funeral procession.  Trump's most likely would.

There are a million and one ways to call Trump a classless prick, this just isn't one of them.  Tweeting, as he did, shows more disrespect than anything.  Like I said earlier, I'm sure the Bushes are perfectly fine with him not in the building.

My wife watched the funeral while I was at the Okla Cornhusker Club for the spring game.  She said the funeral was inspirational and uplifting and was very touched by the things said and songs sang. 

Good thing Trump wasn't there - he would have found a way to make the whole thing about him. 

17 hours ago, funhusker said:

Yes.  But their motorcade wouldn't outshine the funeral procession.  Trump's most likely would.

There are a million and one ways to call Trump a classless prick, this just isn't one of them.  Tweeting, as he did, shows more disrespect than anything.  Like I said earlier, I'm sure the Bushes are perfectly fine with him not in the building.

Still BS.

Presidents have attended these types of events before without causing the entire thing to be a pathetic spectacle.  Trump is just totally incapable of doing such a thing because he has no ability to actually be humble and respectful.  

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Still BS.

Presidents have attended these types of events before without causing the entire thing to be a pathetic spectacle.  Trump is just totally incapable of doing such a thing because he has no ability to actually be humble and respectful.  

But they don't.

The last President to attend the funeral of a Former First Lady was JFK when he attended the funeral of Eleanore Roosevelt.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/04/21/president-trump-isnt-barbara-bushs-funeral-and-thats-not-unusual/539077002/