Which Nebraska QB would you choose for Frost's offense?

Pick a Nebraska QB (past or present)  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Disappointed that Steve Taylor or Gerry Godowski aren’t options.  They might be the best combo of running and passing QB’s NU has ever had. 

I added them. Didn't see them play. 

3 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Going with TMart.  With some of Harry Potter's magic QB coaching, might have even developed the passing accuracy part of it.  Definitely electric with his legs and perfect fit for this offense.

His accuracy wasn't as bad as people remember it being.

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I added them. Didn't see them play. 

His accuracy wasn't as bad as people remember it being.

No, it wasn't.  It was ok.  More thinking about his mechanics.  I've gone back and watched a few games from that era and forgot just how bad it looked.  I remember at the time when every bloody announcer would comment on it, and I'd want to come through the tv and pummel 'em, b/c i never really cared how it looked if the ball got to where it was supposed to go.

• Plus1 2

Went with:

Turner Gill

Zac Taylor

Joey Ganz

Gerry Gdowski

Steve Taylor

The misspellings of some of these names are very disappointing. 

No way was Taylor Martinez accurate enough for this offense. No, he wasn't as bad as people remember, but his abilities aren't what this offense needs.  Neither was Tommie Frazier, although he's a hell of a runner, he can't pass well enough for this offense.

Joey Ganz is probably the best fit. Turner Gill & Steve Taylor are close seconds, probably followed by Gdowski. Zac Taylor doesn't have the running ability for Frost's QB, but he can throw dimes enought o merit consideration. 

Since Ryker Fyfe was not an option, I went with Scott Frost because duh and Taylor Martinez because damn that would have been a fun thing to watch.

Edit: Went back and also picked Joe Ganz because he was a stud and I wish we had him in 2009.

Edited by Redux

To run Frost's offense, I'd have to go with Ganz.  His 67% completion rating is why I go with him.  Effective enough with his legs that teams have to be aware of that.  Has the intangibles ie toughness, attitude, etc......

Overall, many of the QB's listed are better "athletes", but his passing sets him up for a better skill/system fit IMHO.  

Had he been here in 2009, we win the NC.........

• Plus1 2

I think Joe Ganz is the best answer. He was mobile enough (had 4 games with 40+ yards rushing his senior year, in a WCO), accurate as all get out, and generally a pretty heads up player with mental mastery of the playbook. 

Had notably better numbers than Big XII Offensive Player of the Year Zac Taylor did, and probably would have been in the consideration for similar honors if he wasn't going up against demigods in the form of Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford.

24 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Brook Berringer also. Brook could have started for many teams across the country.

I didn't forget him or anything. Just don't think he fits the offense very well so I was kind of biasing the poll. He could run it but I don't remember him being quick and elusive. I've added him.

Edited by Moiraine