Which Nebraska QB would you choose for Frost's offense?

Pick a Nebraska QB (past or present)  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

Scott Frost as a college quarterback would never sniff the field for meaningful snaps in Scott Frost the coach's offense.

Now the comparison between Tommy Armstrong and Tommie Frazier is interesting. They've got a similar physical skillset - similarly fast and agile, similar velocity on throws, etc., and their career numbers and their best season numbers aren't that far off from each other.

So there's a good, legitimate question of whether or not Armstrong could have been considered one of the best college quarterbacks of all time if he was leading teams where A) he didn't have to throw the ball 25-30 times a game, B) his receivers were routinely wide open due to the nature of the offense, C) he had all-americans on the offensive line and in the backfield, and D) he had a top 10 defense keeping him safe and keeping his teams winning.

It's certainly not implausible.

You did watch TA throw short pass didn't you?  The QB's this season will throw atleast a 1/3 of their passes of the variety that TA had no chance throwing.

• Plus1 3

I agree that had Lord or Armstrong been the QB in the mid 1990s - they would have excelled - esp Lord.  He carried his teams.  Imagine if he had the surrounding players of 94-97. So yes, I think the argument holds that it is difficult to judge some of these guys in comparison to the days when we were 'near perfect' in so many ways - the right D, the right OL, the right coaches wt the right system.   

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I agree that had Lord or Armstrong been the QB in the mid 1990s - they would have excelled - esp Lord.  He carried his teams.  Imagine if he had the surrounding players of 94-97. So yes, I think the argument holds that it is difficult to judge some of these guys in comparison to the days when we were 'near perfect' in so many ways - the right D, the right OL, the right coaches wt the right system.   

I don't think Lord could have hit the TE as required by TO's best offenses.