2018 NBA Playoffs

Mavric

10 hours ago, Landlord said:

What defines what is or isn't basketball? 

The NFL isn't football either. It's just a business pretending to be football. What? 

Oddly enough I included some video to help illustrate why it isn't basketball.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Oddly enough I included some video to help illustrate why it isn't basketball.

Is arena football not actually football because players can run full speed towards the LoS before the ball is snapped, with only 8 players on a field 1/3 the size?

Is NFL football not actually football because offensive linemen hold on every play, per the rule book?

You included a video but you didn't actually say anything about why that makes it not basketball. I'm just guessing as to your rationale.

7 hours ago, Landlord said:

Is arena football not actually football because players can run full speed towards the LoS before the ball is snapped, with only 8 players on a field 1/3 the size?

Yep.  Allowing something that is specifically allowed by the rule book and allowing something that is specified as a violation in the rule book are exactly the same thing.  Good example.

Is NFL football not actually football because offensive linemen hold on every play, per the rule book?

Do you actually know what the rule book says or do you just think you know what the rule book says?

You included a video but you didn't actually say anything about why that makes it not basketball. I'm just guessing as to your rationale.

I assumed some critical thinking skills.  My apologies.

Point being, what is the governing body or script, that transcends to a level higher than the National Basketball Association, that decides what is or isn't basketball? Where can I find their list of rules? 

I want to know if 3rd graders are playing actual basketball or something else, and I similarly want to know if I should stop calling what I do at the rec and in my church league 'basketball', since I'm unsure if it follows the proper rules.