2018 NBA Playoffs

Mavric

On 4/30/2018 at 9:56 PM, Mavric said:

As I've long maintained, the NBA isn't basketball.  It's a business meant to resemble basketball.

lol come on Mav. The NBA is the pinnacle of basketball globally. Its the best basketball league in the world. Absolutely blows the college game out of the water in terms of skill level and coaching abilities. Sure, star players might get a little leeway. This happens in every professional sports organization. NBA has never been more entertaining than it is now and that's because of the amount of parity in the league. Anyone can beat anyone. 

Quinn Snyder and the defensive mindset vs Houston and the offensive mindset is going to make for an incredibly fun series. Donovan Mitchell is an absolute stud. 1-1 headed back to Salt Lake City. Can't wait for game 3. 

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

They went to the second round of the Playoffs..? That's kind of far...

I mean, as far as they could. With that roster, if Simmons and Fultz figure out their shooting issues, they could be in the Finals for a solid chunk of the next decade. 

Playoffs looked alot more interesting when we started then they are now. Cavs-Warriors rematch to come.

The Celtics have great coaching and they play with alot of heart, but I don't see how they can defend Lebron.

The Rockets have the pieces to beat GS, but I think the Warriors pieces are mentally tougher than Houstons and that is the difference there.

On 5/2/2018 at 1:11 PM, Landlord said:

Point being, what is the governing body or script, that transcends to a level higher than the National Basketball Association, that decides what is or isn't basketball? Where can I find their list of rules? 

I want to know if 3rd graders are playing actual basketball or something else, and I similarly want to know if I should stop calling what I do at the rec and in my church league 'basketball', since I'm unsure if it follows the proper rules.

I'm assuming it's pretty easy to find the list of rules that defines what NBA basketball is. If you don't have a rule book for basketball at your church, it's a bad example. If you do have a rule book, and you follow it, everything's fine.

If the NBA refs consistently allow players to violate rules without blowing the whistle, then the sport isn't what it's defined as in its rule book. If they're rarely going to call it, they should change the definition of traveling.

Your arena football example was terrible. The holding one was a little better, although I'd guess it's much harder to see a hold on the field than traveling.

• Plus1 1

Every sport has unwritten rules, and unwritten allowance of rules that are written. 

I think it'd be great if the NBA called more proper travels or amended the rulebook to match how they currently call them. But that has 0% bearing on whether the NBA is still the sport of basketball or not. 

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Landlord said:

Every sport has unwritten rules, and unwritten allowance of rules that are written. 

I think it'd be great if the NBA called more proper travels or amended the rulebook to match how they currently call them. But that has 0% bearing on whether the NBA is still the sport of basketball or not. 

Exactly. They are playing basketball and its really as simple as that. Wah wah they travel and flop and whatever. They are still playing basketball.

Let's see how Lebron responds in game 2. I think Boston has the upper hand because they are at home. But one thing you should never do is doubt Lebron James when he trails a series. It will be close but I think Boston gets hot late and takes game two. I want this and the Houston series to go to 6 or more games and I want someone besides the Cavs/Warriors in the finals for once.  

• Plus1 1