Silicon Valley HBO series

32 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

So many great little lines in this clip, but Jared's at the end is unbelievable.  Had me laughing for a long time the first time I saw it.

Ha ha!  That was an awesome line.  My reaction was a little bit different though.  About 1 second before Jared made his dig about the gold chain my 7 year old son walked in the room.  I just groaned and flipped back to the Golf Channel.   #BadParenting101  

16 minutes ago, sho said:

I haven't watched it since TJ left, how is it without him?  Has it taken a step back?

To me the show really hasn't missed a beat because a Jin Ying storyline emerged that has been absolutely hilarious.  Naturally, the show kinda rises and falls with Richard and his neurotic behavior can make it awkward to watch at times.  That being said, while Erlich was great, getting Jared and Gilfoyle more screen time is never a bad thing.  

• Plus1 1

Mike Judge is a comedic genius.  From Beavis & Butthead to Office Space to Silicon Valley, his stuff is always hilarious.

I would have mentioned Idiocracy, which I have heard is great, but I have never seen it.  I know, epic fail on my part.

I agree on the absence of Erlich.  He was funny in the first couple of years, but he became a distraction on the show in recent years.  I am glad he's off the show.

On 4/20/2018 at 10:47 AM, Big Red 40 said:

I like this show, and I've liked all of Mike Judges work. I thought the Jing Yang character was annoying and unnecessary though. Probably 15 other characters i liked better on the show including Bachman. To each their own i guess.

Agreed!  In fact Big Head might be a better character than Jian-Yang.  He's so understated (because he's a dullard) and he leads an incredibly charmed life.  Then again, maybe the same could be said of Jian-Yang.  :dunno

• Plus1 1