2018 CG Amir Harris [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

13 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Excited to add him. I think he is raw but this helps a bit with losing Xaiver.

I am a bit worried he isnt the shooter we might need but Miles seems to prefer slashers anyways.

Also nice to see Miles run a bit more of point on this recruiting effort. 

Agree with this sentiment; we have developed quite the team of slashers... but still lack the pure shooter. Hopefully Thomas Allen will fill that role this year.

Also, another nimble BIG would be nice...

Wonder if this kid will play this year or if they just redshirt him. I think it will all depend on the development of Nana. I think this because he will play the two off the bench and Thomas could play the one to give Glynn a breather. If TA is more suited for the two this kid might come in and play right away. We need to develop a jumper for him as I think that is the one area the whole team needs work on. 

1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

Wonder if this kid will play this year or if they just redshirt him. I think it will all depend on the development of Nana. I think this because he will play the two off the bench and Thomas could play the one to give Glynn a breather. If TA is more suited for the two this kid might come in and play right away. We need to develop a jumper for him as I think that is the one area the whole team needs work on. 

With how things have gone, I doubt he is redshirted.

Most seem to think he is being brought in as a PG and I could see them move Allen to the 2-guard and Nana play more of a wing.

53 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think redshirting is almost a thing of the past (or soon will be) in basketball, unless it is an injury or something like that.  With the way guys transfer now I think the smart move is to play them early.

I agree & it's unfortunate.  Players like Nana & Thor completely wasted a year of eligibility last year.  It used to be coaches telling player they were redshirting, now coaches ask if they want to redshirt & they almost never do even when they know they won't play much.

42 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I agree & it's unfortunate.  Players like Nana & Thor completely wasted a year of eligibility last year.  It used to be coaches telling player they were redshirting, now coaches ask if they want to redshirt & they almost never do even when they know they won't play much.

I think a lot of guys think they will get playing time and plus all coaches pretend like they are going to be 10 deep...but once you get past the 5th game of the season most coaches play 7-8 guys tops.

Which means lots of dudes are sitting.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I think a lot of guys think they will get playing time and plus all coaches pretend like they are going to be 10 deep...but once you get past the 5th game of the season most coaches play 7-8 guys tops.

Which means lots of dudes are sitting.

I wish they would change their redshirting policy a bit to allow younger guys to play a bit more in the first 5 games(limited minutes) and then depending on that be able to still redshirt.

Once they play that option is gone and sometimes you cant always know till later.

That being said, nothing I saw from Thor or Nana tell me they were even close to being ready last year and I have major concerns for both just on some of the message board chatter from those in the know.

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I wish they would change their redshirting policy a bit to allow younger guys to play a bit more in the first 5 games(limited minutes) and then depending on that be able to still redshirt.

Once they play that option is gone and sometimes you cant always know till later.

That being said, nothing I saw from Thor or Nana tell me they were even close to being ready last year and I have major concerns for both just on some of the message board chatter from those in the know.

Lets see, they played in 6 games for at most 3 minutes per & with the walk-ons.  How can you tell if they are ready or not?  

4 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Lets see, they played in 6 games for at most 3 minutes per & with the walk-ons.  How can you tell if they are ready or not?  

You answered your own question.

They played 6 games... averaging 3 minutes at most in garbage time.

I am not saying they cant get there but that doesnt fill me with hope.

And the time they were in there with walk-ons and scrubs they did a whole lot of nothing.

5 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

You answered your own question.

They played 6 games... averaging 3 minutes at most in garbage time.

I am not saying they cant get there but that doesnt fill me with hope.

And the time they were in there with walk-ons and scrubs they did a whole lot of nothing.

I'm not the one judging them. You are.  I'm saying that we have not see enough to judge.