2018 CG Amir Harris [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

On 5/12/2018 at 9:28 AM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

In year 1, but you would expect them to be much better in yr 2.   Plus a year in the weight room.   Miles knows better then us what he has. 

Basketball is a lot different than football. Seems your logic makes sense with football but not with Basketball.

Miles knows what he has and I would assume that why he added Karrington Davis.

Actions speak loudly and the fact those two never played makes me think that unless something changes drastically they wont magically play much.

Miles has had no problem playing freshman in the past at least to get their feet wet.

23 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Basketball is a lot different than football. Seems your logic makes sense with football but not with Basketball.

Miles knows what he has and I would assume that why he added Karrington Davis.

Actions speak loudly and the fact those two never played makes me think that unless something changes drastically they wont magically play much.

Miles has had no problem playing freshman in the past at least to get their feet wet.

I think and again think they are trying to make Thor into a 3 and D guy. He has a ways to go in my mind before he sees the floor consistently. Nana has athleticism galore and that can help him see the floor, the problem is his defense. I bet he will make some offensive strides this offseason but he needs to be a guy that can give us some offensive production in the future. He will get the Jeriah Horne treatment if he sees the floor where if you make a defensive error you get pulled. Either that or he will get around 5 or so minutes a game and not be seen enough to know how good he can be. 

Back to Amir, I think he needs to put on some muscle during the offseason so if he gets switched on a wing he won't get pushed around and he will be able to hold his own. 

On 5/9/2018 at 2:36 PM, seaofred92 said:

This is sort of a weird comparison but he reminds me of Evan Taylor physically. 

I love being right 

“Guard Amir Harris is officially a Husker with his letter of intent arriving this week. The 6-4, 180-pound three-star prospect from Hagerstown, Maryland, drew a comparison from Miles with an NU starter from last year.

“Amir immediately reminded me of a longer version of Evan Taylor,’’ the coach said. “He never gets tired. He’s long and athletic. Amir handled the ball even better, and he can deliver it pretty well, too.”

• 3 weeks later...