Post-Practice Presser - April 19

I absolutely love every single thing that I've heard from this staff and team since the day Frost was hired. But it does make a guy wonder what the hell this program was thinking and doing for the last 20 years. Oh well....water under the bridge now. Nebraska football is well on it's way back to being competitive.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I absolutely love every single thing that I've heard from this staff and team since the day Frost was hired. But it does make a guy wonder what the hell this program was thinking and doing for the last 20 years. Oh well....water under the bridge now. Nebraska football is well on it's way back to being competitive.

It just feels right, doesn't it? The last few years, I've really started to wonder, "Man, maybe this thing won't ever be 'back'". Now, with Frost, it almost (ALMOST) feels inevitable.... Which is a surreal feeling.

• Plus1 1

I'm trying to temper my expectations for this year and the next few.  After the last five years ( last two of BP and the Mike R experiment) I was beginning to wonder if it would happen in my lifetime.  At first I want the Huskers to get to a point that we win the games we should win and beat a few teams we shouldn't.  Then build a system where all the players not just the starters know the plan inside and out.  Next step is to win the West and battle toe to toe in the CCG.  I'll take this for now and hope for more.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It just feels right, doesn't it? The last few years, I've really started to wonder, "Man, maybe this thing won't ever be 'back'". Now, with Frost, it almost (ALMOST) feels inevitable.... Which is a surreal feeling.

Yeah that's the beauty of the whole situation for me, is that yes this season may not be a title contending season but to know our program has made an incredible investment in this staff and it does feel like it'll be a complete turnaround in the near future.

• Plus1 1