QB matchups announced for Spring Game

6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I wonder if Vedral is allowed to play - do you think he jumps to # 1 based on his playing experience in Scott's offense and of course his performance at UCF and spring ball??

If the season started next weekend and Vedral was eligible, he very well may be the starter. But, we've got a long way to go until September including all of the summer workouts, 7 on 7 and then fall camp. I think there's a very good chance the 'best' player coming out of spring practice may not be the starter week one.

My current inkling is that Vedral will still be ineligible once the season rolls around so, at some point, the coaches will have to start prioritizing reps and preparation to the guys who can play.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I wonder if Vedral is allowed to play - do you think he jumps to # 1 based on his playing experience in Scott's offense and of course his performance at UCF and spring ball??

Yes. While the competition is really just beginning, and summer will be huge, he's way out in front in knowing this system. You can't shortcut experience, and he got some good game reps with all of those blowouts. 

I'm very doubtful he's eligible, though.

22 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

3 QBs seen. I still don't know what to think.

So far it seems to me the reports of "not much separate" might be accurate .  Bunch might have a better command of the offense right now as Benning said.  But I think that advantage might diminish by Fall.  

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I was impressed too. I think we'll have a good QB either way. I hope our OL is decent. 

Listen to the professionals.  This isn't instant coffee.  6-6 will be a good year providing a foundation to build off of for the future.

3 minutes ago, yort2000 said:

Listen to the professionals.  This isn't instant coffee.  6-6 will be a good year providing a foundation to build off of for the future.

We'll lose one that most think we shouldn't (probably one of the first three) and we'll win one no one expects (I really hope it is tOSU).