Spring Game Rosters

7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Deontre Thomas on the White team is a bit of a surprise considering he outplayed Peyton Newell last year for playing time

Damian Jackson on the White team over Daishon Neal worries me that Riley battled a bit too hard for Neal's services during recruiting

I wouldn't be too quick to speculate that Red is 1st & 2nd team.  It looks more like a 1 & 3 versus 2 & 4 split to me.

24 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Most interesting thing is how light we are at CB.. 5 listed CB... Heck even light at DB all around. 

Stovall?  Out sick?

Edited by yort2000
  • Plus1 2

I know why hey set out teams like this, but just once, I'd like to see RED team be the 1 & 4 offense, 2 & 3 defense and the WHITE team be the 2& 3 offense and the 1 & 4 defense. This would give us some 1's vs 1's battles and make a more fun game for the fans. I think it would also serve to help unite the team top to bottom as each team would have 1's, 2's, 3's and 4's on it. 

• Plus1 1

Courtesy of Jacob Padilla from Hail Varsity who gleaned this info from the current roster. 

Walk-ons Tanner Hass and Sean lambert (RBs), Johnny Richard (WR) and Cody Liske (LB) are no longer listed on the roster. It looks like those guys are no longer on the team.

Walk-on Bo Kitrell has moved from TE to RB.

They appear to have added a walk-on WR named Andrew Thurman to the team.

Since the Red team appears to have a lot of expected starters, I think it's hard to take Verduzco's comments about the quarterbacks completely serious. They've put both Gebbia and Martinez on the offense with the best set of playmakers, generally speaking.

• Plus1 2

It's possible certain positions are random but Frost already said the players who have done better will be on one side. He even said he's done that before and the other side (meaning the "worse" side) has won.

One thing that would lead to a random selection is if there are positions where players aren't separating themselves. Maybe QB is one of those. (Maybe it's not).

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

So, it looks like the Red team is mostly the probable starters then.

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

As I mentioned in another thread, the Red team is most of the 1s & 2s

Tyjon, Martinez, McQuitty, Young, Barry, Morgan, Gebbia, Lamar Jackson, Wilbon, Bootle, Aaron Williams, Greg Bell, Antonio Reed, Deontai Williams, Farmer, Foster, Farniok, Jaimes, Stoll, Akinmoladun, Carlos Davis....

Looking at the lists again, it appears to be #1 and #4 on Red and #2 and #3 on White with some fill ins on both.