2018-19 B1G Opponents Announced

7 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Far too early to speculate # of wins because of the unknown with the roster.

With Palmer/Copeland/Roby back, I think they can win 9-10 games.

If Palmer and Copeland are both gone, then I think 4 wins.

I LOVE that you said it is far too early...but then you speculated anyway!  Haha!  That is awesome!

I am trying to think of which teams will be better next year.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

So we get Purdue and MSU twice..Maryland and Penn State as well.

Minnesota will be better.

Yikes

If we're really as much as improved as some people like to say that we are, it shouldn't be a lot different than this year, should it?

35 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am trying to think of which teams will be better next year.

Maryland, Iowa, Wisconsin & Rutgers should all be better, but "better" is relative.  Better Rutgers still probably sucks, Iowa could be the same if they don't buy in on Defense.  Maryland was killed by injuries last year so if they can stay healthy they should be very good.  Wisconsin played a lot of young players last year & Happ will likely come back so they should be better, but I'm not sure how much.

MSU is MSU and will be very good.

Purdue loses a lot, but should still be good.

Penn State is hard to judge with Carr going pro.

Minnesota loses their best 3 players, but brings back quite a bit so they may be hard to tell. 

Illinois is losing a lot, but with a coach in his 2nd year should be better. 

OSU will still be good even without Bates-Diop. 

Northwestern basically loses everyone so should take a step back. 

Indiana should be better with a coach in his 2nd year, but they also lose some important pieces so I'm not sure.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Maryland, Iowa, Wisconsin & Rutgers should all be better, but "better" is relative.  Better Rutgers still probably sucks, Iowa could be the same if they don't buy in on Defense.  Maryland was killed by injuries last year so if they can stay healthy they should be very good.  Wisconsin played a lot of young players last year & Happ will likely come back so they should be better, but I'm not sure how much.

Minnesota loses their best 3 players, but brings back quite a bit so they may be hard to tell. 

Indiana should be better with a coach in his 2nd year, but they also lose some important pieces so I'm not sure.

Yeah, I think I like all of this.  I don't think OSU will be as good as last year but they should still be fine.  Good post!

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, ECisGod said:

Rutgers is loosing there only decent player to the draft... They will be far worse.

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Rutgers is loosing there only decent player to the draft... They will be far worse.

I think losing Corey Sanders will be addition through subtraction.  When they played in Lincoln, he didn't go into the locker room when the team did 10 minutes before the game.  He stood there and watched the fan try to make a half court shot & during timeouts he wasn't in the huddle if he wasn't in the game.  He was only on the team for himself.  They have some decent young players coming back & a pretty decent 2nd year coach in Steve Pikiell.

2 hours ago, ECisGod said:

I think losing Corey Sanders will be addition through subtraction.  When they played in Lincoln, he didn't go into the locker room when the team did 10 minutes before the game.  He stood there and watched the fan try to make a half court shot & during timeouts he wasn't in the huddle if he wasn't in the game.  He was only on the team for himself.  They have some decent young players coming back & a pretty decent 2nd year coach in Steve Pikiell.

Being a crappy teammate isnt ideal but I watched a few of there games and they are a garbage team without Sanders. He averaged 15.2 a game/ 33 minutes.

In there wins he scored:

It kind of started off slow but basically when he was on Rutgers actually had a chance. While I get living and dying on one guy isnt always the ideal way to play, they just flat out dont have anyone else who can score in key moments like he can.

Not saying they cant get there but Rutgers will win 2 conference games next year.