*** Official 2018 Spring Game Thread ***

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

One of the keys to the Frost offense is to throw sideline to sideline and get the defense spread out wide.  When that defense goes side to side, that's when Frost gashes the D up the middle.

One encouraging sign....our D could actually defend the sideline throws today!

13 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

One of the keys to the Frost offense is to throw sideline to sideline and get the defense spread out wide.  When that defense goes side to side, that's when Frost gashes the D up the middle.

Oh I get the schematic reasoning behind it...I just don't think it should be used so extensively.  Especially when Nebraska had how many sideline throws that were picked off and/or returned for defensive touchdowns  last season?

But I get it...this is the offense we're running now so...:snacks:

2 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Oh I get the schematic reasoning behind it...I just don't think it should be used so extensively.  Especially when Nebraska had how many sideline throws that were picked off and/or returned for defensive touchdowns  last season?

But I get it...this is the offense we're running now so...:snacks:

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about anything from the crappy Riley/Langsdorf offense impacting Frost's offense.

• Plus1 4

Finally got home and boy what a day!!!

1. Adrian Martinez! What. A. Stud!!! Dude should still be in high school but balled out like a 2 year starter. Still made a few mistakes but overall was really impressed with the young man. Gebbia isn’t far behind Adrian but Adrian will pull ahead come fall camp. 

2. Holy crap this may be for the coaching staff that will FINALLY utilize the TE’s like Wisconsin and Iowa have against us. Very impressed with Jake Stroll and Austin Allen. 

3. Greg Bell was clearly the better back with Wilbon as 2a and Ozigbo as 2b. Wilbon still struggles dancing behind the OL rather than just pick a hole and put it in gear. 

4. Defense played more physical and I didn’t see a whole lot of “shoulder” tackling. 

5. Lots of penalties but that was to be expected

6. Kids looked like they were having fun out there

• Plus1 5

My observations:  (Was only able to watch the first half)

Its Gebbia vs Martinez. If Vedral were eligible, he’d be 4th and it’s not even that close.  I understand that he wasn’t playing with the 1-2 squads but he didnt play well.

Wilbon looks like he put on bad weight.  And it showed in his running

Despite his INT, Lamar Jackson shouldn’t be playing defense.

The Linebackers were way way better than in the last several years.

Daishon Neal was a man out there.  That was great to see.

Overall I liked what they did.  Certainly was a refreshing defense and exciting offense.

• Plus1 1

One thing that made this spring game interesting start to finish is the rotation of the QBs every single series. Maybe that's just because they're close in talent, but it would be nice if they kept doing that each year. Usually they put the starters (all positions) in first and then by the end it's backups and it gets a little boring. The rolling clock helped prevent it from getting too long, too. Although this time I could have watched more.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

from about 9 minutes till 4 minutes  left in the game i noticed number 30...kitrell.   that guy may not have the speed that scott wants....but damn....that was some power football when he was running.  looked like 1 of the old time fullbacks plowing through defenders

• Plus1 2