2018 C Francisco Caffaro [Virginia- Signed LOI]

lol 

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/globetrotting-huskers-line-up-visit-with--foot-argentine-center/article_cdaf884a-560e-5021-acf6-5fe420b7f5f8.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Nebraska men’s basketball is spanning the globe for recruits, with The World-Herald learning Friday of a visit next week by a big man from Argentina.

Francisco Caffaro, a 7-foot, 216-pound forward-center, is set to begin his tour of the Husker campus Sunday. He will arrive from Australia where he has been playing with the NBA Global Academy team in that country’s Premier League 1.

The NBA and Basketball Australia have teamed up for an elite basketball training center at the Australia Institute of Sport in Canberra. Former Nebraska center Aleks Maric, a first-team All-Big 12 center in 2008, played at the AIS.

The 18-year-old Caffaro, would enter college as a freshman. In the first two games of the spring season , Caffaro averaged 26.5 points and 10.5 rebounds.

Caffaro visited Pittsburgh in February and has a scholarship offer. Besides seeing Nebraska next week, he also is scheduled to visit Georgia Tech and Saint Mary’s. Oregon and SMU have shown interest, too.

• Plus1 1

21 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

I thought Thorir's offer was bad. This kid's highlight video includes plays where he gets fouled on the floor. This is absolutely hysterical. At maximum he's half the player Jorge Brian Diaz was.

I think he's closer to being half the human that Andre Almeida is...

The film in the OP is old. He is still skinny but has gained some weight. I saw a few highlights from games this year and he has a nice touch and had 2 nice dunks that I haven't seen many Nebraska centers do over the past 5 years. His ceiling is pretty high so I am more than okay if we land him 

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Visit went well.  Set to visit Georgia Tech and St. Mary's.  Previously visited Pitt before the coaching change.

Still only 17 years old.  Playing in the NBA Global Academy in Australia and averaging 26/10 in two games.

Was originally a 2019 guy but reclassified.

St Mary's has a great track record of taking kids outside of the US

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/tim-miles-likes-transfer-dachon-burke-s-quickness-basketball-iq/article_cb315c5b-52ba-5c55-a8ad-59b2a239ade5.html

Nebraska has some unexpected competition for 7-foot Argentine basketball prospect Francisco Caffaro.

After visiting Nebraska, Georgia Tech and St. Mary’s last week, Caffaro got a late invitation to tour one more campus — Virginia, the overall No. 1 seed in March’s NCAA tournament.

Sources said Caffaro, who has been playing at the Australian Institute of Sport on an NBA Global Academy team, visited Virginia on Monday.

• Plus1 1