Which QB Should Be The Starter

Starting QB  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree with you 100%. Why do people want to try and plan things 4-5 years from

now when there is a season 4-5 months from now. While there isn’t huge pressure for Frost to win big year 1, he’s going to want the team trending in a positive direction, and that is done by starting the best QB, even if it means burning Martinez’s redshirt in game 5 or 6. 

People want to make coaching way harder than it needs to be.  You play the best players as soon as you can.  

The idea that you are going to get so much better during a redshirt year is really not as valid anymore.  Years ago when high schools didn't lift the way do and when players were not working out on their free time with coaches/trainers it might have made sense but not anymore.  You really don't get ready to play by not playing...

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

People want to make coaching way harder than it needs to be.  You play the best players as soon as you can.  

The idea that you are going to get so much better during a redshirt year is really not as valid anymore.  Years ago when high schools didn't lift the way do and when players were not working out on their free time with coaches/trainers it might have made sense but not anymore.  You really don't get ready to play by not playing...

Great points about guys coming into college much more ready to play than 10-20 years go.

Martinez is already the most well-built QB on the roster by his listed height and weight, along with the eye test of seeing him on the field.  He isn't the QB who is going to need a year to get ready physically.

• Plus1 1

I remember how impressed I was with Tanner Lee during last year's spring game.

Definitely, Martinez and Gebbia looked better than the others, with Martinez coming out on top. Great for a scrimmage without blitzing or having to worry about actually being tackled. Guessing it'll be one of these two, but other than Martinez's speed, I won't take much as gospel from Saturday.

• Plus1 1

Martinez looked like a mature QB out there. He looked confident in his abilities.  Physically he looks like he can take the physicality of the position as this O demands.  I did not think TG looked like he could be a viable  dual threat QB.   I was inpressed wt Bunch also.  I think the real competition is between Bunch and Gebbia for # 2 spot.    I do think Scott will play the best one regardless of experience. 

26 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I remember how impressed I was with Tanner Lee during last year's spring game.

Definitely, Martinez and Gebbia looked better than the others, with Martinez coming out on top. Great for a scrimmage without blitzing or having to worry about actually being tackled. Guessing it'll be one of these two, but other than Martinez's speed, I won't take much as gospel from Saturday.

There was a fair amount of blitzing Saturday

• Plus1 1

I don't think we can take much out of one practice, especially since the QB's were in green jerseys.

I voted for Gebbia since he's got a year in college, had the better looking throws, and is reportedly a tremendous worker off the field. But really could pick any of the QB's at random for who I think starts.

24 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

There was a fair amount of blitzing Saturday

They really did. Coverage and personnel were pretty vanilla, but they showed a few fronts and brought some extra guys a few times. Nothing exotic or anything, but gave something for the offense to look at.

• Plus1 1

People are mentioning the green jerseys and I understand how that can be an advantage for the QBs, but on the other hand... there were times I felt like Martinez could have gotten away from them if it were tackle football but he had to stop becauae they touched him. And on those runs where no one touched him it was more impressive because they couldn't get a finger on him let alone get close enough to try to tackle him.

• Plus1 2
49 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

People are mentioning the green jerseys and I understand how that can be an advantage for the QBs, but on the other hand... there were times I felt like Martinez could have gotten away from them if it were tackle football but he had to stop becauae they touched him. And on those runs where no one touched him it was more impressive because they couldn't get a finger on him let alone get close enough to try to tackle him.

It's hard to say because the defenders are not bearing down on them as fast as they would be if they were trying to tackle them.  I would say they are probably just going at about 75% speed to try and make the touch.