New Tunnel Walk Ideas 2018

Tunnel Walk Music  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think you can use Sirius to some degree.  So I would do some sort of Sirius and try to keep the intro most dramatic part as that will always stir Husker fans.  The best times Sirius is used is when it builds momentum and then cuts to the team (crowd goes crazy).  Maybe you do that and cut into another song the team can run out to (because typically by the time the team runs out Sirius is in the least dramatic, lesser energy parts of the song for me).  I actually don't like it when there is the energy of the team prayer and then Sirius starts because you already have all this energy and then slow it down with Sirius intro that needs to build (it doesn't flow well and you already showed the team so there is not the effect when the team is shown for first time entering the ring so to speak).  I think someone very creative can incorporate parts of Sirius into some of the new fresh stuff people have suggested.  Mikey Bo had some success with this.  I give him like a B.  We need someone to bring A+ to this.      

4 hours ago, Toe said:

Sirius is like twice as old as the players are. I'd humbly suggest something that's at least from this century. I like Black Label Society's Fire It Up: a nice intro when videos could be shown on Huskervision, a boom when the players take the field, and plenty of swagger.

I could live with that. Never heard it before but that would make a good intro. Could even incorporate the black shirts logo and skull & crossbones into that graphic.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I’d be all in for Enter Sandman. I don even care that Va Tech has been using it, it’s a great song for this. Heck Sirius was used by the Bulls before we started using it. I don’t mind Sirius and it still gives me chills when I hear it but imo Enter Sandman is the absolute best for an entrance.

Why not just one up them and use something from Kill 'Em All or Ride the lightning. I remember when NCAAF let you put in your own stadium sounds I replaced the 3rd down defense music with motor breath, but thats maybe a little too fast for a walk. For whom the bell tolls or seek and destroy would work well and have a good deal of mass appeal. 

There are have been so many good suggestions in this thread. Whoever said Rammstein, I would be down for so many of their songs, but yeah would probably have to be instrumental. 

I had the Chicago Bulls arena music CDs (don’t you wish you could be cool like me), so I was aware of the Bulls using Sirius first. Maybe that’s why I’ve never been too attached to it for the tunnel walk.

The only reason I can think of to keep it, is that people would be in a tizzy if they changed it. Pretty much anything is going to have its detractors, and most options would bring a wire brush to fans’ hemorrhoids.

Although if there’s one thing that can bring everyone together, it’s a little spaghetti. I’m sure there’s a Valentino’s joke in there somewhere, but I refuse to put any brain power toward anything that puts that slop remotely close to the same plane as Morricone.

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

The 1990s Bulls, who used it as an intro song before the Huskers.

12 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

I never knew that.  Question:  How many Nebraska Husker fans knew that either? :)

Ha ha!  I never knew that either.  Until I read it on a message board.  I doubt if many Husker fan who don't read message boards know that. 

11 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Shot Kleen....is that his real name?  Holy cow!

His real name is Ardell. His high school basketball nickname was Hot Shot. He has a sister Rayoma and a brother LaVeryl. With odd names like that, you get nicknames! LaVeryl's outgrew his nickname Squirrely, Shot is still young enough to use his.

7 hours ago, Danimal said:

I would like to see us commission an original piece. Something ballsy and epic along the lines of what Hans Zimmer does for movies.

Now THIS is a great idea!  Find a young, up and coming composer and have them create a piece just for us. Use parts of Sirius as a nod to tradition then ease into the new piece. That would be very cool.  

• Plus1 4

Seemingly every year this topic comes up, and every year people post clips of terrible ideas for a tunnel walk song.

Short of Enter Sandman, Hell's Bells, or Thunderstruck (all of which are older than the players now) you aren't going to find a long enough intro or family friendly enough lyrics to work. As was mentioned, you pretty much need to have someone create a song exclusively for the tunnel walk.

• Plus1 3
19 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Seemingly every year this topic comes up, and every year people post clips of terrible ideas for a tunnel walk song.

Short of Enter Sandman, Hell's Bells, or Thunderstruck (all of which are older than the players now) you aren't going to find a long enough intro or family friendly enough lyrics to work. As was mentioned, you pretty much need to have someone create a song exclusively for the tunnel walk.

Mannheim Steamroller,  plz. Maybe they could jazz up that Nebraska number they created decade or so ago ? The blue hairs would luv it 

4 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

Now THIS is a great idea!  Find a young, up and coming composer and have them create a piece just for us. Use parts of Sirius as a nod to tradition then ease into the new piece. That would be very cool.  

It's a great idea, but not with some epic orchestral score piece. That's overplayed and boring. It's 2018; you need something with a beat and a groove.

• Plus1 2