New Tunnel Walk Ideas 2018

Tunnel Walk Music  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

It's a great idea, but not with some epic orchestral score piece. That's overplayed and boring. It's 2018; you need something with a beat and a groove.

I agree!  I was thinking more of having someone compose an original work vs just another familiar song. We need something that will energize, excite and inspire all at the same time. 

Coffey: Husker Nation stole its tunnel walk song. Here are 10 new tunes that could replace it

I understand why Nebraska jumped on it. It was a great song that got people pumped, and it was symbolic of reaching the pinnacle of athletics during the mid-1990s. It makes sense the Huskers wanted to replicate it when they were having major success at the same time.

But back to my point: It’s not original.

And at this point, it’s tired. It’s played out. Be honest with yourself right now: It’s one of the most overplayed songs in sports.

I feel like a lot of the problem with changing the song, as the writer points out, is that a lot of what could be considered "good replacements", have explicit lyrics.  Could be hard to find that happy medium that everyone would enjoy.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, RedSavage said:

Coffey: Husker Nation stole its tunnel walk song. Here are 10 new tunes that could replace it

I feel like a lot of the problem with changing the song, as the writer points out, is that a lot of what could be considered "good replacements", have explicit lyrics.  Could be hard to find that happy medium that everyone would enjoy.

Ha - i was actually going to suggest their second song - "Bodies".  I think it would be perfect and who cares if it's too aggressive for Memorial Stadium.  Pansies who don't like it can take out their hearing aids until the song is over.

45 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Ha - i was actually going to suggest their second song - "Bodies".  I think it would be perfect and who cares if it's too aggressive for Memorial Stadium.  Pansies who don't like it can take out their hearing aids until the song is over.

Agreed.  I’d prefer something more like that but you know the bluehairs would get their panties in a bundle if they did

2 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Since I don't see a "sarcasm" sign, I hope you aren't serious. I don't object to something with a good beat and high energy that can get a crowd energized. Since the OWH article wouldn't open for me can I assume you are talking about Drowning Pool "Bodies"?  If you are the designated person to pick up "Aunt Mary" at the nursing home to meet the rest of the family at the restaurant are you going to play "Bodies" or anything similar and tell her if she doesn't like it she can take out her hearing aid?

On 4/23/2018 at 2:40 PM, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Ok, lets really piss some people off. Just do the instrumental version and no one would even what it was tbh. The drums remind me of a very simple version of drum corps so I think it would fit the college atmosphere.  Obviously a pipe dream, but the team would get hype for this guaranteed. 

LFG

Nebraska, Frost, Adidas, Yeezys

Makes sense to me 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Since I don't see a "sarcasm" sign, I hope you aren't serious. I don't object to something with a good beat and high energy that can get a crowd energized. Since the OWH article wouldn't open for me can I assume you are talking about Drowning Pool "Bodies"?  If you are the designated person to pick up "Aunt Mary" at the nursing home to meet the rest of the family at the restaurant are you going to play "Bodies" or anything similar and tell her if she doesn't like it she can take out her hearing aid?

No, because I'm not trying to fire up Aunt Mary for a family dinner.

and yeah, i was being somewhat sarcastic in the first place.