New Tunnel Walk Ideas 2018

Tunnel Walk Music  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, So I'm a 90's kid and my first memories are from 95 on really.  Sirius is dear to my heart, and would like to keep it, although, maybe shorten it up somewhat.

With that being said, I also wouldn't mind something new, but no lyrics IMO.  It would need to be "timeless" like Sirius, catchy, have some deep tones, and be "motivating".

Has anyone actually asked players what they like?  I imagine the music is more for fans, but I'd be interested in hearing players opinions, current and former.

• Plus1 1

Look-- the goal for these sideshow attractions is to bolster fan enthusiasm, especially in the younger set. Let's face it--the Alan Parsons Project (in music or moon/death laser form) is played out, trite, and boring AF.  I know it, the kids know it, Frost knows it, the AD office knows it.

Honestly, Frost should just select something else, and if people don't like it, he can remind them he's the head coach and to STFU (in a polite and courteous fashion). It's high time we change it, and if people don't want to have it changed, make it an executive coaching decision--this way, if Frost wins a championship, people will let the argument die and we can go about our business discussing more important things, like what our alternative threads will look like this year. 

• Plus1 1

Picked up my kid yesterday who’s 5 BTW and out of the blue asked me to play the Go Big Red song “Sirius” but that’s what he calls it. 

He loves the song and his only complaint is that it’s too short hahaha, “Dad! Why is this song so short?” 

Again he’s 5 and doesn’t think it’s boring and loves the song. 

I guess I don’t understand how that song is boring? How is that song boring but yet the Johnny Cash song (which I like) suggest by numerous posters and media members not boring too? It’s slow and doesn’t have that big build up

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The stadium responds well to it.

Define 'responds well', because the Blue Hairs and the AARP crowd mostly don't. At the games I've been to, they've had zero Fs to give at that point. 

Then again, that may have more to do with the team being put on the field than anything else. 

3 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Define 'responds well', because the Blue Hairs and the AARP crowd mostly don't. At the games I've been to, they've had zero Fs to give at that point

Then again, that may have more to do with the team being put on the field than anything else. 

I've sat in half a dozen sections at the stadium in the past five years. I've never sat around people that haven't been up clapping & cheering during the Tunnel Walk.

That may have nothing to do with the song being played, maybe it's only because it's the team coming out and they'd react that way no matter what song is being played.  But if that's the case, maybe we don't need to change the music?

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I've sat in half a dozen sections at the stadium in the past five years. I've never sat around people that haven't been up clapping & cheering during the Tunnel Walk.

That may have nothing to do with the song being played, maybe it's only because it's the team coming out and they'd react that way no matter what song is being played.  But if that's the case, maybe we don't need to change the music?

Possibly. And TBH, now that I think about it, it's only been in the past two seasons that I can recall where people had zero Fs during Tunnel Walk. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Personally I'd like to hear them coming out to this for the 2018 Season.

Begin with video over the years of Cornhusker Domination, then show the players in the locker room, Husker Prayer, then as they make their way to the stadium cut to...

Ew. How are Skillet still getting away with regurgitating the same butt rock junk for the last 12 years?

Knapp, we don't need to change the music. We also don't need to have any music at all. Also don't need to have any videoboards. 

• Plus1 3
On 4/24/2018 at 7:57 AM, ladyhawke said:

Now THIS is a great idea!  Find a young, up and coming composer and have them create a piece just for us. Use parts of Sirius as a nod to tradition then ease into the new piece. That would be very cool.  

On 4/24/2018 at 12:02 PM, Landlord said:

It's a great idea, but not with some epic orchestral score piece. That's overplayed and boring. It's 2018; you need something with a beat and a groove.

Mikey Bo is on line 1...

• Plus1 3