New Tunnel Walk Ideas 2018

Tunnel Walk Music  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm fine with Sirius until it gets to the part with the 80s sounding guitar. I almost wonder if someone should just make a remix to modernize it.

Winner, winner 

but im guessing DJ Khalid isn’t probably the best candidate. Great idea tho 

6 minutes ago, Edison's Enemy said:

Okay. Let’s take the intro to right now by Van Hagar. Right before it switches up to half notes on the bass, go to Victory from the Rocky II score. Commission a hip hopper to mix in some sick nasty beats. Have some whippersnapper do a lick on the gitfiddle too.

19A186D3-78EF-48D8-A90C-CA76A36CC40D.gif

What about the orchestral overture? Is that the half notes on the brass? 

On 4/24/2018 at 6:24 PM, Dilly Dilly said:

Ha - i was actually going to suggest their second song - "Bodies".  I think it would be perfect and who cares if it's too aggressive for Memorial Stadium.  Pansies who don't like it can take out their hearing aids until the song is over.

• Plus1 3

16 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I grew up 20 min outside of Chicago and everyone used Sirius during the Bulls' glory.  I also hate the Bulls so I tend to not like the song.  I would rather listen to hooked on classics by the royal Philharmonic.  I also think the the fight scene music from Conan would be cool.  

Yep.  Everybody used it.  It was cliche and cringe-worthy when the HuskerVision crew decided to use it for their tunnel walk montage in 94 when they installed the Diamond Vision screens in Memorial.  A few years later when K State finally got their Jumbotron screen they also used Sirius for their "tunnel walk".  But to say that it is somehow unique or traditional at NU misses the mark, IMO.

If we hadn't won the National title that year I would imagine we'd have a different tunnel walk song now.

And as far as I am concerned they could just have nothing playing when they show the players walk through the tunnel and the fans would still get just as fired up.  To me it wouldn't matter one bit.  Maybe do the Husker Power chant while the boys are walking to the field.