New Tunnel Walk Ideas 2018

Tunnel Walk Music  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I was at the 'game' and agree with this. The tunnel walk was amazing and the stadium was hype, but that song just wasn't for me, heard others say the same around us. Also once Frost starts running we need the band to be way louder, I couldn't hear them at all. That or play a hip-hop song at that point with a strong intro. 

A louder band is always a good thing. But man, I was in the band many years ago and when the team runs out of the tunnel and the crowd roars, I couldn't even hear my trumpet a foot in front of my own face. You aren't going to hear me way up in the stands in that situation, hell you can barely hear the drum beats. I always thought having the band play after the tunnel walk was rather futile gesture.

5 hours ago, GBRHouston said:

Honestly I didn't like Jungle for the tunnel walk. I'd rather just have them keep playing Sirius than that. Plus, Sirius is the closest thing to a tradition we had.

Even though I surprisingly loved the mash-up of "Jungle" with "Sirius," I would not be opposed at all if they just went back to the old way of doing the Tunnel Walk with only Sirius.

Possible Solution:

1. If Husker Vision really wants new music for the Tunnel Walk to appease the younger generation that's fine. Use a new song each week for the video before the actual Tunnel Walk.
  2. Have a "Husker Hype Video" with new music specifically tailored for that week's opponent....then.... BOOM! Screen goes to black. Screen flashes followed by...
  3. TRADITION: Nebraska Tunnel Walk with only Sirius.

I honestly think this would appease both your traditionalists and those who are looking for something more up to date and modern.

Easy solution...do both.

I would love to see Husker Vision try this idea at least 1-time just to truly see how the fan base/stadium would respond.

• Plus1 1

This is my first time looking at this thread & I think I lack the patience to read all of the idiotic suggestions for alternative music from people who don’t seem to get that you need something that can (at least partially) sonically cut through the screams and cheers of 90,000 people. That song, with the powerful bass IS Sirius. If that music fails to put goose pimples on your flesh, on a Husker home game Saturday, you might as well cash it in.

Husker football has been broken for many years, but the One Thing we’ve had RIGHT ALL ALONG is the Tunnel Walk.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1