Moos @ Omaha Press Club

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nebraska-a-d-bill-moos-all-smiles-as-he-sets/article_4d58c312-fde3-5680-9ee5-66a06a174c06.html

“We’re gonna run that up-tempo offense we saw (at the spring game), and we’re gonna get the Blackshirts back to being Blackshirts. And that’s extremely important,” Moos said. “You’ve got Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh thinking, ‘We better put a little more into that Nebraska game coming up.’ And that’s the way we want it. They’re running a little bit scared right now. And they won’t admit it. We’ll leave that at that.

I love the enthusiasm.

5 minutes ago, jaws said:

For now it's all we got.  Lol.  I don't mind the bravado, but us fans know we still need to prove it.  I mean, maybe we'll make your punter out on the field a couple - three times this year.

• Plus1 2

I love Moos setting the tone, calling them out.  Now we have to back it up.  You know we will.

One of the best turn arounds of a team I ever personally saw, the coach came in and took a 1-9 team to 10-2 his first year.  That coach told his players to go home and tell mom and dad that the team was going to be good this year.  Then he told them to battle (war, really) in practice every day to back it up.

They did.

30 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I love Moos setting the tone, calling them out.  Now we have to back it up.  You know we will.

One of the best turn arounds of a team I ever personally saw, the coach came in and took a 1-9 team to 10-2 his first year.  That coach told his players to go home and tell mom and dad that the team was going to be good this year.  Then he told them to battle (war, really) in practice every day to back it up.

They did.

David Hasselhoff?

10 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

For now it's all we got.  Lol.  I don't mind the bravado, but us fans know we still need to prove it.  I mean, maybe we'll make your punter out on the field a couple - three times this year.

I am not sure that either coach really has put much thought into Nebraska at this point in the year, but I was serious when I said I love the enthusiasm. 

I am going to guess Nebraska will be a lot more competitive vs OSU this year, and I am going to assume there will be a lot more Nebraska fans in the Shoe this year compared to past years. 

• Plus1 2

47 minutes ago, bleedNUred said:

I too love the enthusiasm and it'll be that much sweeter once we see our boys prove him right. Really loving the whole regime that's here now, from the top on down.

This is all good - let the players play wt a chip on their shoulders and go out and prove that they are better than 4-8.  Let OSU, etc ignore and get surprised.