Corn Nation Editorial: The Grass is Only Greener in an Absence of Hope, Coach

I typed up this whole rebuttal to Salt Creek & Stadium's twitter rant posted by Saunders above.  Then I deleted it because none of it matters.

I follow SC&C on twitter. He's a PhD candidate just about to graduate and move from academia (where he's been laboring for years) and probably out into the work world.  It's a big step, I'll chalk most of this ill-advised rant up to his impending massive life changes, and move on.  I agree a little bit with some of his statements about Osborne, but I disagree a lot with a lot of his conclusions about why we're where we are now.

If all of this is based off Frost & the coaches responding to questions from reporters, maybe the rant should have been focused at the people who keep asking Frost & the coaches these questions. 

• Plus1 3

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I typed up this whole rebuttal to Salt Creek & Stadium's twitter rant posted by Saunders above.  Then I deleted it because none of it matters.

I follow SC&C on twitter. He's a PhD candidate just about to graduate and move from academia (where he's been laboring for years) and probably out into the work world.  It's a big step, I'll chalk most of this ill-advised rant up to his impending massive life changes, and move on.  I agree a little bit with some of his statements about Osborne, but I disagree a lot with a lot of his conclusions about why we're where we are now.

If all of this is based off Frost & the coaches responding to questions from reporters, maybe the rant should have been focused at the people who keep asking Frost & the coaches these questions. 

This was my first thought as well.

• Plus1 1

Is this guy 16 or something?

No offense to the other 16 year olds but he seems obsessed with getting rid of anything related to Osborne, which seems like something only someone who wasn't alive during that era would want.

Wow, Osborne wasn't perfect. Thanks for the revelation, guy.

• Plus1 3

I read the defensive article not the original, it’s more interesting to watch a dude defend himself; I’m here for entertainment. 

“He who doth protest too much...”

some of his osborne feelings are okay, I agree no one is infallible. I don’t worship Tom, but hold his 25 yr run as a great pride, as a youth it was pretty good times. 

Now? I just want us to compete and look competent. Play with passion, have fun again. Give me and my dad  and brothers something to drink beers and scotch to while we tailgate or watch from our tv in Colorado. 

No more drama, no more interfering, no more crap product. 

I think Frost is going to bring that back. And I’m glad Tom Osborne helped convince him. 

Re: the Osborne thing...

People conflate failure with the wrong or a bad decision in the sports world and it's weird to me. 

Solich ended up being a 'failure', I guess. It wasn't at all the wrong decision for Tom to groom him and name him successor. And Solich's first four years were elite.

Pelini ended up being a failure eventually. Pelini was still 100% the right coach to hire, and that was the right decisions.

Tim Miles was also probably a great decision to hire. Honestly probably the best we could have gotten at the time, especially knowing what we do about Perlman's weight and the penny-pinching nature of the administration surrounding Tom. 

Erstad - meh.

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, Landlord said:

Re: the Osborne thing...

People conflate failure with the wrong or a bad decision in the sports world and it's weird to me. 

Solich ended up being a 'failure', I guess. It wasn't at all the wrong decision for Tom to groom him and name him successor. And Solich's first four years were elite.

Pelini ended up being a failure eventually. Pelini was still 100% the right coach to hire, and that was the right decisions.

Tim Miles was also probably a great decision to hire. Honestly probably the best we could have gotten at the time, especially knowing what we do about Perlman's weight and the penny-pinching nature of the administration surrounding Tom. 

Erstad - meh.

This is so true and the idea is totally lost in sports sometimes.

Just because something doesn't work out ultimately, doesn't mean the initial decision to go in that direction was wrong.

• Plus1 1