Mount Rushmore

Mount Rushmore  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FDR, John Adams, and Reagan (shows up as Carter *#@)    I see you changed it now - you put Reagan on the list.   I don't think I can change my vote!!

John Adams - while only a 1 term president, his greatest contribution is being the driving force behind the convention that drafted the Declaration.

FDR - his response to the great depression and to WW2.  Most conservatives dislike him because he brought on the era of big govt and large govt spending programs but he did enough to give hope back to the country.  Some would argue that his programs extended the depression and that it took WW2 to get us out of it - but that is for a different thread.  The fact is, he did lift America when it needed it.  He led us during WW2 and worked with allied nations to bring an end to the greatest threat mankind had known up to that point. 

Reagan - Working with others to end the cold war, restoring America out of near depression economic crisis of the Carter/Nixon years.  Bringing respect back to our nation in the area of foreign affairs and initiating an economic expansion that went well into the 1990s.  Like FDR, he brought hope back into the vocabulary of Americans. 

• Plus1 1