Kanye West is woke

2 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Kanye is a huge influential star among the black community and was once thought as a future presidential candidate for the Democratic Party until this week and now he’s getting attack for his thoughts and views. I love it how he’s not backing down and I respect that. 

If you want to continue getting triggered in a thread that I started than maybe just stay out of it if you don’t like what I post in here :dunno

Who the hell thought Kanye was a future presidential candidate for the Dems?

• Plus1 7

9 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Kanye is a huge influential star among the black community and was once thought as a future presidential candidate for the Democratic Party until this week and now he’s getting attack for his thoughts and views. I love it how he’s not backing down and I respect that. 

If you want to continue getting triggered in a thread that I started than maybe just stay out of it if you don’t like what I post in here :dunno

Justin Timberlake is a huge influentia star in the white community, but I don't give a crap who he endorses and would never take a tweet of him supposedly declaring his candidacy for president as anything serious, neither would most of the white community.

I'm sorry you think me calling out your continued drivel is a sign that I am "triggered".

• Plus1 3

How the West Was Lost

Those shocked by Kanye’s embrace of Trump and endorsement of Candace Owens haven’t been paying attention. This isn’t a betrayal of his personal integrity or a drastic shift in perspective. Kanye and Trump have long been simpatico. Chance the Rapper reassured us, “He’s in a great space and not affected by folk tryna question his mental or physical health. Same Ye from the Vmas, same Ye from the telethon.” He didn’t mean that as an indictment of Kanye West. But it’s damn sure an indictment of the rest of us.

Kanye West didn’t sneak up on us any more than Trump. He hasn’t changed. He was hiding in plain sight all along.

The wonderful, indefatigable, Sarah Kendzior wrote of our president, Trump demands attention but shuns scrutiny. He needs to be a brand because he’s terrified of being a person.

The same goes for Kanye. The target market might shift, but the brand remains the brand. The brand exists in service to itself, and nothing else.

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

This reminds me of the time Dewiz told me to make him a sandwich then posted shortly after that Wonder Woman was the most amazing movie ever.

I never said it was the most amazing movie ever lol. It was good but most amazing movie ever.....c’mon that’s a stretch. 

I never did get that sandwich though lol

• Plus1 1

Nobody I know of thought of Yeezy as a legitimate presidential candidate besides Yeezy fans. Just like nobody thought Trump would make a good president besides people that loved him from the Apprentice. He was just lazily ascribed as an alter-Trump because, well, Republicans were foolish enough to elect Trump the head of their party, and for some reason our society craves "equal and opposite" for our politics, for some reason. 

All of which says a lot about where the American voter is at as a collective right now.

• Plus1 1

It must be the way off season. We've got people acting like something Kanye said was worthwhile and others wasting their time denouncing Kanye. Neither is worthy and both are huge wastes of time. Pet peeve of mine- people that give a sh#t what any celebrity thinks about politics or a politician...or anything. Celebrities may be the only group of people even more clueless than politicians. smh

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

It must be the way off season. We've got people acting like something Kanye said was worthwhile and others wasting their time denouncing Kanye. Neither is worthy and both are huge wastes of time. Pet peeve of mine- people that give a sh#t what any celebrity thinks about politics or a politician...or anything. Celebrities may be the only group of people even more clueless than politicians. smh

To me what makes this different is that he he going the opposite direction of what the vast majority of Hollywood and the entertainment media endorses. His statements could and probably will hit him in the bank account.  He is telling other blacks that the democrat party has used them for too long and it is time for a change.

36 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

To me what makes this different is that he he going the opposite direction of what the vast majority of Hollywood and the entertainment media endorses. His statements could and probably will hit him in the bank account.  He is telling other blacks that the democrat party has used them for too long and it is time for a change.

Yeah there are very few from Hollywood or entertainment that speak up for Repubs or against Dems. So yes, it's somewhat different. But I still just glaze over when any of them have anything to say. It's probably not fair of me but I just really, really don't care about their lives or opinions. Anyone that has inhabited the lifestyle of Hollywood or the public eye just doesn't operate from the same basis as normal people. Some of them may actually get something right once in awhile but I just tune it out and want it to stop. I feel much the same way about politicians. They're all playing by different rules and living in a much different reality than us common folk.

• Plus1 1