Most intriguing bowl matchup

Which bowl matchup would have the best storylines?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, lo country said:

I'd like UT or OU......  Can't imagine OU would lose that many or we'd win that many (they did bring on Diaco though.....).  NU vs OU would make for some great tv. I'd like to actually beat UT.  Really, really beat them....

Part of me hopes Nebraska never plays Texas again. They just seem cursed when they play the Longhorns.

Playing Oklahoma would be fun. 

3 hours ago, lo country said:

I'd like UT or OU......  Can't imagine OU would lose that many or we'd win that many (they did bring on Diaco though.....).  NU vs OU would make for some great tv. I'd like to actually beat UT.  Really, really beat them....

Yes, just can't see OU happening unless they have a cavalcade of injuries. It would be nice to take down Texas. Hate how damn snakebit we've been when it comes to the horns. 

When I think 'intriguing,' playing an old Big 8 or Big 12 foe just doesn't do it for me. We're already satiating this by playing Colorado in the non-con.

UCF is absolutely intriguing but I don't want to see that happen because it wouldn't really be fun for anybody and, if we lost, we'd never hear the end of it.

I went with UCLA purely for the Kelly factor. Student vs. mentor, the paths they've taken to where they are now, Frost's influence on the Kelly offense vs. the actual Kelly offense, etc. The biggest downside to this is we've played them three times in the last five years.

If there is still some SE jinx on this program I picture a 5-7 NU team getting into a bowl game only to play a 5-7 Akron team that also wormed their way in...

Two teams...under .500 playing in a rematch.

If the SE stench/jinx is over...then I hope they play a Big 12 Team

I said UCLA - which means we came in 2nd in the conference - we go to the Rose Bowl - 1st place team goes to NC playoff.  Yes, I'd like to think we win the Conference and go to the playoff but we are probably need to wait for year 3 for that to occur.  Or who knows  - year 2 sets up nice with our 3 toughest games in Lincoln - OSU, Wisc, Iowa. 

6 hours ago, Enhance said:

When I think 'intriguing,' playing an old Big 8 or Big 12 foe just doesn't do it for me. We're already satiating this by playing Colorado in the non-con.

UCF is absolutely intriguing but I don't want to see that happen because it wouldn't really be fun for anybody and, if we lost, we'd never hear the end of it.

I went with UCLA purely for the Kelly factor. Student vs. mentor, the paths they've taken to where they are now, Frost's influence on the Kelly offense vs. the actual Kelly offense, etc. The biggest downside to this is we've played them three times in the last five years.

Yes please! 

We as fans could learn a great deal from this game.

Although I think I would prefer it happened 2 or 3 years from now.

A 9-3 or 10-2 UCF team against an 8-4 Husker squad.  Frost's team has a tough first half getting down 14 points due to a few defensive breakdowns.  We come back with a good ground game in the third quarter and then Martinez has a couple of nice throws for a TD and we recover return a punt for a TD.  The defense gets a needed turnover and we pull off another fumbleroskie to score and go ahead with 4 minutes to go.  Another good defensive stop and then good clock management and pounding the rock closes the game out.  Husker Nation explodes knowing full well that the "Restore the Order" is well on its way.

FYI, I don't think we go 8-4 ... but this would be my dream scenario.