Frost on Sports Nightly

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Great stuff @Mavric.  Appreciate you posting.  Nu is in great hands with Frost and Co. Honest (brutal at times), but SOOOO refreshing.  I love it.  If the fans and media are hearing these expectations, I can imagine what the team is hearing.  

Straight shooter, that is for sure.  Definitely like the critiques of players who may have seemed impressive and positive remarks for players that struggled a little.  Don't let players' heads get too big and don't let others get too negative/down that it affects them permanently.

• Plus1 2

16 hours ago, Mavric said:

This is an encouraging quote for a number of reasons, but I'm intrigued by the line about the Spring Game feeling a bit easier than practices. I think one of the clear disappointments in recent Husker history is the practices not doing enough to prepare for games. In a perfect world, you want the games to be easier than practice. I think Frost was even quoted in the last few months saying that he wants them running more plays in practice than what they'll actually being running in games i.e. prepare to run 100 offensive plays knowing you may get 70-80.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

This is an encouraging quote for a number of reasons, but I'm intrigued by the line about the Spring Game feeling a bit easer than practices. I think one of the clear disappointments in recent Husker history is the practices not doing enough to prepare for games. In a perfect world, you want the games to be easier than practice. I think Frost was even quoted in the last few months saying that he wants them running more plays in practice than what they'll actually being running in games i.e. prepare to run 100 offensive plays knowing you may get 70-80.

I absolutely loved that quote.  I'm so tired of the NFL type of practices where most of the team is standing around watching the top players practice.  That doesn't help anyone.

12 hours ago, Mavric said:

Thought this was an interesting point... All I've heard is everyone raving about the tempo, maybe because last year we moved at a snail's pace it seems fast to everyone... But when you compare the pace in the spring game with the best of the best at running the up-tempo spread offenses it's night and day.... These guy's have a long way to go.... I just hope everyone isn't drinking the poisoned Kool-Aid with all these fluff pieces about how great the tempo was on Saturday... Obviously not surprised that the staff recognizes it, but just want everyone in the fan base to recognize it as well... There's a long way to go.  

• Plus1 2

I think people realize the Frost, the staff, and the team have a long ways to go on almost everything we have seen so far.  It's good to see changes and progress being made, and while as fans we are encouraged by what we see, the coaching staff is going to have a much more critical eye on things.  That's the way it should be.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

This is an encouraging quote for a number of reasons, but I'm intrigued by the line about the Spring Game feeling a bit easer than practices. I think one of the clear disappointments in recent Husker history is the practices not doing enough to prepare for games. In a perfect world, you want the games to be easier than practice. I think Frost was even quoted in the last few months saying that he wants them running more plays in practice than what they'll actually being running in games i.e. prepare to run 100 offensive plays knowing you may get 70-80.

This is something very similar to what the guys from the 90s team said - they looked forward to the game as it would normally be easier than practice. 

• Plus1 1

Sip doesn't watch much football if he thinks the pace of the spring game was (quote) super fast (close quote).

I don't think Vedrel is in the top 3 even if the NC2A lets him play right away.  Which I actually find quite encouraging.  He did a good job with the snaps he had last year.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Sip doesn't watch much football if he thinks the pace of the spring game was (quote) super fast (close quote).

I don't think Vedrel is in the top 3 even if the NC2A lets him play right away.  Which I actually find quite encouraging.  He did a good job with the snaps he had last year.

Yes,  says something that Vedral acquitted himself well at UCF and now would likely find himself buried on the depth-chart if her were eligible.