Huskers Interested in Suspended Florida Transfer

Offensive lineman Kadeem Telfort, one of nine Florida players suspended indefinitely last summer for their involvement in credit card fraud, is withdrawing from the university, his mother confirmed.

Telfort, a 4-star offensive tackle in the 2017 recruiting class, was an early enrollee last year and went through spring practice with the Gators before being suspended in August.

“At this time, Kadeem is withdrawing from the University of Florida,” his mother, Gerta Telfort, said in a text message. “Kadeem and I will not be making any further comments until we deem it appropriate. Thank you for understanding.”

Telfort’s mother did not say where he might be looking to transfer to continue his college football career.

Trey Wallace of TheReadOptional.com first reported the news.

Seven of the nine Gators players facing recommended third-degree felony charges from the University of Florida Police Department for using stolen credit card information to make unauthorized purchases were offered pre-trial interventions that essentially amount to probation. If those players meet requirements laid out by the State Attorney’s Office, the recommended felony charges would be dismissed.

Link

• Plus1 3

Interesting.  Doesn't sound like his charges are adjudicated yet.  From the article:

Telfort and defensive lineman Jordan Smith were not among that group of seven as they faced too many recommended charges — up to 30 in Telfort’s case for 13 counts of use of another person’s credit card without consent, 12 counts of fraud-illegal use of credit card, four counts of possession of a forged instrument, and one count for fraud/obtaining property for under $20,000.

That's a lot of charges.  Unsure how he walks away from that.  

35 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

The dude in that picture is 6'6" and 317 lbs????  Hard to believe.

I believe in second chances for everyone, almost.  But if he is given a chance to play here, the leash needs to be very, very short.  If he shorts the Kwik Shop ten cents, he's out!

I have a feeling that the leash is short (as it should be) for anyone a part of the program.  Team above all else.  I think Coach Frost was at the front row to witness second chances, although it didn't work out for LP, but that is probably that there wasn't a TO in LP's life after he moved on from college.  

6 minutes ago, 307husker said:

Disappointing if true.

It is a quandary.  So, should this action of an 18/19 year old define him for the rest of his life?  I am not being facetious with this either.  But, if you strip someone of their opportunities this early in their life, what is left?  

• Plus1 7
1 hour ago, yort2000 said:

It is a quandary.  So, should this action of an 18/19 year old define him for the rest of his life?  I am not being facetious with this either.  But, if you strip someone of their opportunities this early in their life, what is left?  

There are kids we should steer clear of IMO, want no part of truly thuggish behavior, but what this kid did hardly fits that bill. I think we should give him another chance. 

1 hour ago, LumberJackSker said:

Frost took a chance on mike hughes at ucf and that paid off. 

I wonder what this says about the tackles on the team and the staff's confidence to land their top prospects in this class.

They offered a couple JUCO OT's for the '18 class and whiffed,  they've wanted some ready-to-play help at OT all along. 

• Plus1 1