Huskers Interested in Suspended Florida Transfer

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Agreed.   Im disappointed we offered.  

You’re disappointed that a coaching staff who is tasked with helping make kids into men by the time they leave is willing to take a chance and give an opportunity to a kid who made a mistake and got caught up in something he shouldn’t have? Makes sense. 

• Plus1 3

9 hours ago, Ziebol the Red said:

You’re disappointed that a coaching staff who is tasked with helping make kids into men by the time they leave is willing to take a chance and give an opportunity to a kid who made a mistake and got caught up in something he shouldn’t have? Makes sense. 

If you think their mission with this kid is to get him on the right track and make him into a "man" you're naiive.  

It is what it is - you acting like it's something more noble is silly.

• Plus1 2

IMO there are two issues here. One is we want to field a football team. Two is the issue of this kids character. We can deal with both. Take him with the understanding this is his last chance. Any further issues and he's done. What he's done is not so terribly bad that he doesn't get another chance. But let's also not act like this team is operating to serve some higher societal good. Sure that may happen but the job is to get good players and field a good team and hopefully help them to become good men and citizens along the way.

Now about his character. Sorry but it's not good. I find it interesting how people try to justify it by comparing his actions to LP, the flasher, bike thieves and numerous other cases they perceive to be worse. Or excuse it because they've done  something similar. Plain and simple, the kid is a thief. I don't care how you slice it, it's not good. Maybe he'll straighten up, maybe he won't but that isn't the issue. The issue is if this staff will deal appropriately with any problems when they actually occur on this team. Many better football players come from shaky backgrounds and might struggle to make good choices. All this team can do is give it their best shot and deal with any problems as they arise.

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

They all can't be choir boys.

And that's spoken as a guy who used to shove $100 bills in people's mouths after I put them to sleep.

I don't want any more context; I choose to believe you were a very charitable mid-wife. 

• Plus1 4

Take him.  Honestly after all the bulls#!t we've gone through for 20 YEARS, I don't care if we become thug u to win national titles.  We bitch and moan about how the SEC is constantly cheating and while it's known, they still have the last laugh flaunting title rings.  I'm sure it's a hell of a good time to be a fan of those top programs and I want that feeling.  

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, NM11046 said:

If you think their mission with this kid is to get him on the right track and make him into a "man" you're naiive.  

It is what it is - you acting like it's something more noble is silly.

I think you need to reread what I said. I said they are tasked to help kids become men, just like they do with every kid on this roster . If you pass on every kid that has had trouble in their lives you will end up with a seminary. Sure they obviously want to have this kid come in and play football, but last time I checked they were paid to coach football as well as mentor these kids.

It is what it is- you acting holier than thou and turning your nose up at a kid is silly.

• Plus1 3
27 minutes ago, Blackshirts007 said:

Take him.  Honestly after all the bulls#!t we've gone through for 20 YEARS, I don't care if we become thug u to win national titles.  We bitch and moan about how the SEC is constantly cheating and while it's known, they still have the last laugh flaunting title rings.  I'm sure it's a hell of a good time to be a fan of those top programs and I want that feeling.  

Hey, at least you're honest about it.  I can respect that.