Huskers Interested in Suspended Florida Transfer

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Randy was never arrested or harmed anyone but himself. Yeah, he smoked some weed, which I guess is illegal in Nebraska, but I wouldn’t put him in the same category as those above. 

Do you not get it?  These players need to be PERFECT...because of role modeling and stuff...and because of other stuff I guess.

• Plus1 3

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/08/07/marijuana-devastated-colorado-dont-legalize-nationally-jeff-hunt-column/536010001/

This is exactly what I hear from friends that live in Colorado.   From Denver to Durango.

I mentioned my remote mountain village was seeing the results of growers awhile back.  It is illegal in Riverside County to grow more than 6 plants per person in a household.  Yet we have farms with over 1000 plants less than two miles from my home.  With no grow permits.  The Riverside County Sheriff will not do anything about it.  We have been told recently that MS13 controls the area.  Which seeing some of the people drive thru, sounds possible.  I live in the mountains, 100 miles from LA, but daily on dirt roads I see hispanic gentlemen with their heads fully tattooed, glaring at me for driving down a road that I have maintained for 30 years.  My wife and I no longer feel safe in our home.  They did not move here or work here before the grow fields came.  Be careful of what you endorse, it may just bite you in the end.

I have been told by a medical person, that Colorado is now leading the Nation in birth defects, mentally disabled births.  I do not have a link for this, but may be able to obtain it in a few days.

I really think most of you live in a very sheltered world.  Yea Nebraska has some bad areas, East Omaha, Carter Lake and North Omaha, I know I grew up in that area.  I knew what bad guys were, but what is headed our way is going to dwarf the past. 

Trust me every part of weed is not groovey.

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, skersfan said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/08/07/marijuana-devastated-colorado-dont-legalize-nationally-jeff-hunt-column/536010001/

This is exactly what I hear from friends that live in Colorado.   From Denver to Durango.

I mentioned my remote mountain village was seeing the results of growers awhile back.  It is illegal in Riverside County to grow more than 6 plants per person in a household.  Yet we have farms with over 1000 plants less than two miles from my home.  With no grow permits.  The Riverside County Sheriff will not do anything about it.  We have been told recently that MS13 controls the area.  Which seeing some of the people drive thru, sounds possible.  I live in the mountains, 100 miles from LA, but daily on dirt roads I see hispanic gentlemen with their heads fully tattooed, glaring at me for driving down a road that I have maintained for 30 years.  My wife and I no longer feel safe in our home.  They did not move here or work here before the grow fields came.  Be careful of what you endorse, it may just bite you in the end.

I have been told by a medical person, that Colorado is now leading the Nation in birth defects, mentally disabled births.  I do not have a link for this, but may be able to obtain it in a few days.

I really think most of you live in a very sheltered world.  Yea Nebraska has some bad areas, East Omaha, Carter Lake and North Omaha, I know I grew up in that area.  I knew what bad guys were, but what is headed our way is going to dwarf the past. 

I live in Colorado, and that's a whole lot of BS. The linked article is an opinion piece that claims a lot of numbers but has not a single source for those numbers cited or linked.

• Plus1 3
44 minutes ago, skersfan said:

x144.gif.pagespeed.ic.SFTXqLQcW5.png

FT_16.11.16_crime_trend.png

Violent-Crime-Rate-Chart1.png

2vc.gif

6a00d83455b3db69e2019b0216c800970d-800wi

• Plus1 5

6 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

Sorry for going OT but what happened in the 60s that caused such a drastic rise in crime rates?

There are lots of theories. One of the most interesting is lead exposure. It's kinda crazy that it can effect the brain that way it does.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, skersfan said:

You better be careful before you know it ms13 is going to set up speakeasy's and start listening to jazz music

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, skersfan said:

I live in Colorado. This is ridiculous. I think you should win a prize for this.

• Plus1 4
14 minutes ago, skersfan said:

https://www.nccpsafety.org/assets/files/library/Legalized_Marijuana_Practical_Guide_for_Law_Enforcement.pdf

Your local police force does not agree with you.  Nor does the city of Golden.  I would guess there are more.

Is there any particular point you're trying to make with that link? All of the issues I see from a scan are either because:

a) marijuana legalization is new for the police, so they're learning how to deal with it

b) marijuana isn't legal in the surrounding states or federally. Due to b, the shops are having to deal with federal laws in creative ways, and there are extra visitors to the state. These things will go away as more states/the country legalizes it.

• Plus1 1