Huskers Interested in Suspended Florida Transfer

I would ask what is ridiculous?

What was written in USAToday?

Or possibly you misread or I gave a bad discription of what is happening in my community.

What I stated is exactly what is happening here.  The growers are destroying our water district.  Designed for a community of less than 200 many,  many years ago.  In the last two years they have developed over 6 large grow areas.  Supposedly over 6000 plants, requiring a minimun of 5 gallons a day per plant.  (No idea if that is the amount, but have been told that several times. These are indoor and outdoor sites, which are illegal in the county,  the state and the United States.  The water district has been battling them for over 2 years.  In our little community and its water district, votes are counted by size of property.  I have 20 acres, but most have 1or 2 acres.  I get 20 votes on water..  1 vote per acre. The growers came in and bought mountain top property valued at pennies, but in the hundreds of acres size.  As I understand it they look for ravines to grow the plants under camoflauge covers.  But some actually grow right in town now.    They control the district.  We tried to raise their cost as being commercial property, which it is, they aren't giving it away.  But their group voted it down.  One good thing is that the Sheriffs department did shut one site down near Pine Cove, about 12 miles away.  

Personally I don't care what people do.  You want to smoke it have it, but the affects of it are far reaching.

The police force is learning to deal with it.  Do not have the man power to deal with it.  It has become a cash business for most of them.  They are the victums of crime from the people they sell it to.  The percieved revenue is not going to the school districts.  Many things are stated there Moraine.  Homelessnes has risen, which I believe it has everywhere.  But the comments made, were, they were there to work in the marijuana business.

Again I don't care what anyone does.  But I do care when it affects where I live and it definetely is.  

We have had several murders in the Hemet/San Jacinto/Banning/Beaumont areas over the last few months.  The reports are that they are gang related.  

I would suggest you look at Brentwood, New York and see what MS 13 is all about.  For me, in honesty I find it hard to believe they are in charge of the area near me.  But we are researching it.  Mexican Maffia gang in San Jacinto seems more likely.  But my IT manager, is hispanic, born in Brawley.  He says that the Mexican cartel could/would do things this way.

2 hours ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

So I’m confused does this guy have an acreage in California where he grows more reefer than he is supposed to and is in MS13?

Growing the weed and being in a gang isnt the problem... My problem is that he took a twix bar without paying for it.

The other stuff is just part of being a teenager...

It's called make it legal and sell in gas stations/grocery stores like tobacco and tax the hell out of it. Not that hard of a concept. That's how you drive the hippies and dealers down...The fact that people are worried about marijuana and don't complain about alcohol is laughable honestly 

• Plus1 2
On 5/2/2018 at 9:26 PM, skersfan said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/08/07/marijuana-devastated-colorado-dont-legalize-nationally-jeff-hunt-column/536010001/

This is exactly what I hear from friends that live in Colorado.   From Denver to Durango.

I mentioned my remote mountain village was seeing the results of growers awhile back.  It is illegal in Riverside County to grow more than 6 plants per person in a household.  Yet we have farms with over 1000 plants less than two miles from my home.  With no grow permits.  The Riverside County Sheriff will not do anything about it.  We have been told recently that MS13 controls the area.  Which seeing some of the people drive thru, sounds possible.  I live in the mountains, 100 miles from LA, but daily on dirt roads I see hispanic gentlemen with their heads fully tattooed, glaring at me for driving down a road that I have maintained for 30 years.  My wife and I no longer feel safe in our home.  They did not move here or work here before the grow fields came.  Be careful of what you endorse, it may just bite you in the end.

I have been told by a medical person, that Colorado is now leading the Nation in birth defects, mentally disabled births.  I do not have a link for this, but may be able to obtain it in a few days.

I really think most of you live in a very sheltered world.  Yea Nebraska has some bad areas, East Omaha, Carter Lake and North Omaha, I know I grew up in that area.  I knew what bad guys were, but what is headed our way is going to dwarf the past. 

Trust me every part of weed is not groovey.

The writer is the Vice President of Public Policy at Colorado Christian University. A bit of a bias at work, perhaps? 

• Plus1 3

Not up on population in Nebraska, but from my youth, towns the size of Dunbar or Humbolt were big towns compared to where I live now.  As far away from the city as possible, I have two neighbors and they are a mile away, surrounded by Soboba Indian reservation and BLM land.  Having what appears to be hard core gang bangers taking over your rural community is alarming.  It started approximately two years ago.  It does bring in an element that none of you would want near you.  

55 minutes ago, skersfan said:

Not up on population in Nebraska, but from my youth, towns the size of Dunbar or Humbolt were big towns compared to where I live now.  As far away from the city as possible, I have two neighbors and they are a mile away, surrounded by Soboba Indian reservation and BLM land.  Having what appears to be hard core gang bangers taking over your rural community is alarming.  It started approximately two years ago.  It does bring in an element that none of you would want near you.  

Well, this says that murder rates in Colorado are up 20% since 2014!!! http://www.cpr.org/news/story/a-dive-into-colorado-crime-data-in-5-charts

Of course, when you look at the trend, you'll see that's because the rates were down from the 2004 peak:

colorado-murder-rate-per-100-000-people-

Couple quotes from that article:

More recently, police say there hasn’t been a trend driving the violence one way or another. It’s a mix of domestic violence, gangs, or even petty things like late night arguments after bars have closed.

While cities like Denver and Pueblo have rates higher than the national average, they’re far from the most dangerous places. In fact, the state’s overall violent crime rate is 17 percent below the national average.

How does Denver’s crime rate compare historically? For instance, in the mid-1990s there was a year that people refer to as the Summer of Violence.

For Denver in the mid ‘90s, the murder rate was double what we see today. One press account at the time called it “a damn war zone.” In 1992, for instance, there were 95 murders, when the city’s population was much smaller. In 2016, Denver saw 57 killings.

And then there's the intro from your own nccpsafety link above: 

State and law enforcement officials feared that this would lead to a huge
increase in criminal behavior. Others predicted that the elimination of arrests for
marijuana would bring a huge savings for police and the justice system.
To date, these predictions have not been borne out. It is early to tell what effect legalized
marijuana will have on crime and public safety overall. 

4 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

It's called make it legal and sell in gas stations/grocery stores like tobacco and tax the hell out of it. Not that hard of a concept. That's how you drive the hippies and dealers down...The fact that people are worried about marijuana and don't complain about alcohol is laughable honestly 

Agreed.

And once it’s legal and available everywhere innovative farmers will find ways to grow marijuana as a profitable, large scale crop . I think that  will phase out a lot of the cartels , and home growers eventually . 

• Plus1 1