JUCO OT Kadeem Telfort

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Seems a bit concerning that 7 of the 9 got probation but he might have been one of the worse of the 9 in terms of using the information.

I am all for second chances, but this seems to be a pretty big character flaw. This wasnt shoplifting a candybar.

I trust the staff will do their homework but I dont think they recruited him previously, so not sure what they are going off of.

I only know what I read online but I would rather have class/high character guys and this just doesnt fly with me.

Where do you see he was one of the worst?  He’s been charged with a third degree felony (lowest in Florida). And his punishment was 2 years probation and a fine. 

32 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Where do you see he was one of the worst?  He’s been charged with a third degree felony (lowest in Florida). And his punishment was 2 years probation and a fine. 

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/suspended-4-star-offensive-lineman-kadeem-telfort-withdrawing-florida

Seven of the nine Gators players facing recommended third-degree felony chargesfrom the University of Florida Police Department for using stolen credit card information to make unauthorized purchases were offered pre-trial interventions that essentially amount to probation. If those players meet requirements laid out by the State Attorney’s Office, the recommended felony charges would be dismissed.

Telfort and defensive lineman Jordan Smith were not among that group of seven as they faced too many recommended charges — up to 30 in Telfort’s case for 13 counts of use of another person’s credit card without consent, 12 counts of fraud-illegal use of credit card, four counts of possession of a forged instrument, and one count for fraud/obtaining property for under $20,000.

This is from 4 months ago, but your tweet is from September.

4 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/suspended-4-star-offensive-lineman-kadeem-telfort-withdrawing-florida

Seven of the nine Gators players facing recommended third-degree felony chargesfrom the University of Florida Police Department for using stolen credit card information to make unauthorized purchases were offered pre-trial interventions that essentially amount to probation. If those players meet requirements laid out by the State Attorney’s Office, the recommended felony charges would be dismissed.

Telfort and defensive lineman Jordan Smith were not among that group of seven as they faced too many recommended charges — up to 30 in Telfort’s case for 13 counts of use of another person’s credit card without consent, 12 counts of fraud-illegal use of credit card, four counts of possession of a forged instrument, and one count for fraud/obtaining property for under $20,000.

This is from 4 months ago, but your tweet is from September.

Interesting, looked a little more and saw he charged a little over a thousand to the bookstore and then the food delivery stuff. 

Id be extremely pissed if my money was Stolen, so I have no sympathy for the action.  

My Tweet was just to show what some of the purchases were. 

He still only got a fine and probation. I have no problem with the Huskers accepting him into the program if he follows guidelines and isn’t a hinderance to the culture we’re building. 

• Plus1 1

It's was reported by Nate Clouse on a podcast that, after his visit to Nebraska during the spring game, Telfort said "really hope Nebraska offers me because I'm looking to commit". Now, I don't know if he meant he wanted to commit to Nebraska, or if he wants to commit in general and wants Nebraska to be a realist option.

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

It's was reported by Nate Clouse on a podcast that, after his visit to Nebraska during the spring game, Telfort said "really hope Nebraska offers me because I'm looking to commit". Now, I don't know if he meant he wanted to commit to Nebraska, or if he wants to commit in general and wants Nebraska to be a realist option.

I listed to that pod. I think he wants to commit to Nebraska the way it sounded. They said in the pod that Nebraska has the uper hand . 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Seeing speculation that Nebraska is still doing some checking here and it might not be as solid of an offer as the Tweet would indicate.

I cant find it anywhere, but I think there is still some legal stuff to work out.

I trust this staff will do their homework but this isnt just a "17-18 year old being stupid" this is more than that for me if he truly racked up thousands on someone elses card. 

I dont care how good he is, I want us to build this with the right type of guys. I do think that this staff is much more adept to handle character concerns and not let them continue then the last staff.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I cant find it anywhere, but I think there is still some legal stuff to work out.

I trust this staff will do their homework but this isnt just a "17-18 year old being stupid" this is more than that for me if he truly racked up thousands on someone elses card. 

I dont care how good he is, I want us to build this with the right type of guys. I do think that this staff is much more adept to handle character concerns and not let them continue then the last staff.

UCF just had a CB go in the 1st round last night who was previously kicked off teams for something worse....Sometimes the right people and environment help a lot 

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

UCF just had a CB go in the 1st round last night who was previously kicked off teams for something worse....Sometimes the right people and environment help a lot 

That doesnt mean I have to like it :) 

I agree with what you are saying but still doesnt mean I want that here but thankfully for Husker nation they didnt hire me and they hired someone who is willing to rehabilitate.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Osborne kept some bad dudes in check fairly well anyway. Phillips prime example. I think we are all glad he was on the team in hindsight.

30 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Osborne kept some bad dudes in check fairly well anyway. Phillips prime example. I think we are all glad he was on the team in hindsight.

Phillips dragged a girl down 3 flights of stairs by her hair. No I'm not glad he was on the team, and it's not remotely close to what this guy did.

I have empathy for what Phillips went through in his life and I get why Osborne's decision was hard, but I would have preferred he was kicked off the team. We would have beat Florida (and every other team we played that year) with Ahman Green as the starter.

• Plus1 5
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Phillips dragged a girl down 3 flights of stairs by her hair. No I'm not glad he was on the team, and it's not remotely close to what this guy did.

I have empathy for what Phillips went through in his life and I get why Osborne's decision was hard, but I would have preferred he was kicked off the team. We would have beat Florida (and every other team we played that year) with Ahman Green as the starter.

We knew he had a troubled past when we brought him on. He was held in check until mid junior year. He was an intregral part of our 94 team. Would we still have won the title in 94 without those stats? I dont know who else would have duplicated those numbers. Pretty hard to look back at history and say that perhaps the best RB we ever had at Nebraska, and we wish he was never on the team. It doesnt condone what he did- but it still doesnt mean I wish he was erased from the history books of Nebraska either.

How many other guys did we bring in like phillips and never had an issue? Thats the risk. 

308 1894 6.1 16
52 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

We knew he had a troubled past when we brought him on. He was held in check until mid junior year. He was an intregral part of our 94 team. Would we still have won the title in 94 without those stats? I dont know who else would have duplicated those numbers. Pretty hard to look back at history and say that perhaps the best RB we ever had at Nebraska, and we wish he was never on the team. It doesnt condone what he did- but it still doesnt mean I wish he was erased from the history books of Nebraska either.

How many other guys did we bring in like phillips and never had an issue? Thats the risk. 

308 1894 6.1 16

I'm not saying we shouldn't have recruited him. As far as I know he hadn't done something similar to what he did to his ex-girlfriend.

Again, it's not similar to this guy. I just take issue with the assumption that everyone's glad in hindsight that Phillips was on the team. It's been pretty clear to me in discussions here over the years that I'm not the only one who isn't glad.

If this guy ends up doing something awful I'm not going to be glad he was on the team. I don't care how good he is. That just makes no sense. That doesn't mean I think we shouldn't give players like him a chance.

• Plus1 3