JUCO OT Kadeem Telfort

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't have recruited him. As far as I know he hadn't done something similar to what he did to his ex-girlfriend.

Again, it's not similar to this guy. I just take issue with the assumption that everyone's glad in hindsight that Phillips was on the team. It's been pretty clear to me in discussions here over the years that I'm not the only one who isn't glad.

If this guy ends up doing something awful I'm not going to be glad he was on the team. I don't care how good he is. That just makes no sense. That doesn't mean I think we shouldn't give players like him a chance.

I agree that TO should have booted LP after the incident. Again that's not even remotely comparable to the case with the topic of this thread.

• Plus1 2

I think they are related. If LP was a much worse incident. And one of the most stand up coaches in the last 50 years gave him another shot. 

Why not give this young man another shot since what we did was not as bad? Bad influences can make good kids do stupid things. Place them in a good environment 

11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't have recruited him. As far as I know he hadn't done something similar to what he did to his ex-girlfriend.

Again, it's not similar to this guy. I just take issue with the assumption that everyone's glad in hindsight that Phillips was on the team. It's been pretty clear to me in discussions here over the years that I'm not the only one who isn't glad.

If this guy ends up doing something awful I'm not going to be glad he was on the team. I don't care how good he is. That just makes no sense. That doesn't mean I think we shouldn't give players like him a chance.

Agree, fine with TO recruiting LP but after the ugly incident he should have been gone. As far as Telfort goes I don't see his crime being on the level of that incident. Parents don't lie awake at night fearful some guy will get a hold of their daughter's credit-card and buy junkfood. I'm fine with giving him a second chance at college and football if staff believe he's ready to get with the program and keep his nose clean.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

• 3 months later...