40 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Griffen was like 220.  He has an off season to put on 10 pounds to be in the same range as  that beast in this defense 

Griffin was also a 5th year senior last year (I’m guessing he redshirted a year at UCF). Look, I like Dixon, and I am glad he’s a Husker. I’m sure he will get bigger over the summer, but to expect him to be an every down player as a sophomore after a position change is unrealistic. He will probably get to that point in 2019, but let’s slow the roll on his development. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Griffin was also a 5th year senior last year (I’m guessing he redshirted a year at UCF). Look, I like Dixon, and I am glad he’s a Husker. I’m sure he will get bigger over the summer, but to expect him to be an every down player as a sophomore after a position change is unrealistic. He will probably get to that point in 2019, but let’s slow the roll on his development. 

Breon Dixon was, according to rivals.com a 4*, 5.8 graded player.

Breon Dixon 

If my understanding of recruiting rankings is accurate, these are the types of players who are supposed to be superstars right out of the gate.  So let's not slow our roll and expect that he'll live up to (or exceed) those recruiting rankings.

3 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I think it’s entirely possible that Dixon isn’t meant to be a true 225lb+ OLB anyway. I think he’s going to be a hybrid LB/S for us for his entire career and that’s 100% okay and something that is desperately needed, especially with Domann’s unfortunate setbacks.

Another great point. Football is becoming so specialized with use of packages and different athletes all over the field.  If Dixon ends up being a guy who is playing 90% of the defensive snaps, that’s great for him. If he only plays 50-60% this year, he’s not a failure.  It’s just how he is being used to make the most out of his talents. 

• Plus1 2
58 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Breon Dixon was, according to rivals.com a 4*, 5.8 graded player.

Breon Dixon 

If my understanding of recruiting rankings is accurate, these are the types of players who are supposed to be superstars right out of the gate.  So let's not slow our roll and expect that he'll live up to (or exceed) those recruiting rankings.

Sounds like Avery Roberts

• Plus1 1

Fantastic News! He will bring some versatility to this defense that we need. Hopefully, he doesn't jump offsides too much in the near future. /s

I hate to be that guy but with this happening who do we see at the LB spot jumping ship? There has to be at least one unless we are going to a 6 Linebacker set which would be totally not expected. My guess is Q. Alexander because I think he is just buried on the depth chart at this time and he will not see the field here.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Another great point. Football is becoming so specialized with use of packages and different athletes all over the field. 

Less specialized, especially in college football. A BIG reason why teams play uptempo is to take advantage of the substitution rules so teams can't specialize, can't rotate defensive line, can't utilize packages. The answer is to get more versatile in your personnel and utilize more hybrid fronts.

Dixon is valuable in part because he's a guy that can play multiple roles and not leave the field.

Excellent news about Dixon.  It'll be really interesting to see how the coaches deploy him on a game to game basis and how quickly he can get bulked up.  I'll be excited to see him matchup against the dudes tOSU rolls out (assuming he progresses as we all think he will).

11 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I believe Griffen had been in the program for 3 years and switched positions when Frost came in and was pretty darn good his first year as a starter.  I am not saying dixon will be Griffen but I think he has a similar skill set.

Shoot, Gregory played DE and he probably didnt weigh much over 215.