Sign in to follow this  
seaofred92

2019 F Akol Arop

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/plus/sautter-ever-underestimated-nebraskans-put-on-show-at-aau-gauntlet/article_bc1f6126-e848-5a69-b258-e0e1c9ac7f26.html

2019 Omaha Creighton Prep forward Akol Arop:

Arop had a solid weekend. In his last game, he showed why he is the No. 1 in-state prospect in the 2019 class. Against Team Loaded Virginia (yet another program that carries national credibility), Arop scored 20 points on 8-of-12 shooting and grabbed three rebounds in 19 minutes. In OSA 17U Gauntlet’s first game of the day against Hoops City (Memphis, Tennessee) Arop led with 16 points and also had five rebounds. On Saturday, he didn’t score a ton but he did showcase his elite athleticism. In one sequence, he came out of nowhere to make a block at the rim, then gathered himself and blocked another shot on the opposite side of the basket. I’ve said this about Arop previously and it needs to be said again: His second bounce off the floor is consistently a half-second quicker than anyone an opponent can roll out there.

• Plus1 1

Player: Akol Arop

Hometown: Omaha, NE

School: Creighton Prep

AAU

Position: Forward

Height: 6'5

Weight: 190

Offers: Nebraska, Towson, UNC-Greensboro, San Diego, UAB

Visits: OV 9/28/2018

Twitter:

247 Composite

Rivals: 
247: 
ESPN: 

Highlights:

• Plus1 1

Arop’s offer comes four years after Nebraska received a commitment from his older brother Aguek. Aguek, who committed to the Huskers before his sophomore season, parted ways with NU during his senior year at Omaha South. In May, he committed to San Diego State after attending an Atlanta prep school for a year.

That will not have an effect on the younger Arop’s decision. Arop has done his own thing, choosing to attend Creighton Prep over Omaha South where his three older brothers played basketball.

“It is wonderful to get an offer from a school that once recruited my older brother,” Arop said. “I’ve worked hard these last few years and am blessed to get where I am right now. Aguek’s recruitment from Nebraska and mine are different. I just hope he does well at San Diego State and I’ll do my best with the school I choose.”

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/nebraska-basketball-extends-offers-to-creighton-prep-s-akol-arop/article_6d559d71-d9d6-5c27-b98f-b2db3092af92.html

I like this quote a lot for our chances. 

• Plus1 1

36 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

we seem to be in decent shape here

You would think so based on his other offers/visits.

Miles also plans to visit Omaha Creighton Prep to see 2019 forward Akol Arop, who has plans for an official visit to Nebraska the weekend of Sept. 28. Arop will also visit Drake this weekend and UNO on Oct. 5. All three schools have offered the 6-foot-5 forward. UNO coach Derrin Hansen and assistant Tyler Erwin also plan to visit Arop on Tuesday.

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/boys-basketball/nebraska-s-tim-miles-among-coaches-making-rounds-in-omaha/article_a6a47175-15ef-51e2-a4ac-22bf9cbc8d22.html?utm_source=latest

OV to NU September 28

• Plus1 1