Just curious to know who of us are musicians.  I started teaching myself to play Bass Guitar early February, and its been slow going, but I have liked what I have learned so far. 

Starting with a bass guitar I got on amazon for beginners, and it's working good. am going to get a true bass amp to replace the amp I initially got, then in a year or so going to get another bass guitar as an upgrade.  

• Plus1 1

Started out on violin when I was six and played that until I was about 13. I picked up the guitar about that time and have been playing that for the last 15 years, mostly for personal use but I have played a couple of gigs with friends and a few local groups. Also used to play at my church for a brief time. I prefer electric guitar (my father bought me a Gibson for my 16th birthday).

I've been really interested in learning the piano now though as it's a great instrument for learning theory. Part of me also wishes I had started out on piano as it can help you branch out to other instruments more easily.

• Plus1 1

Took 5 years of piano lessons when I was young.  Never really played again till my kids were taking lessons and I played a duet with one of them.

Now, all kids are out of the house and there sits the piano. So, I'm trying to start playing again.  Going is slow because I don't have time to play much.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Bad Co.   Shooting Star :thumbs

I used to play drums in my younger days, before I lost most of my hearing. I could play some Iron Maiden, Dio, Metallica, Black Sabbath, and some Ozzy.  I always wanted to learn piano, but never got around to it. 

Both of my older brothers played drums in college marching bands and our high school instructor kept lying to me and telling me I was going to be the best of us three when I was 12 ...I took 9th grade off because of burnout and tired of the Jr. High instructor telling us on a daily basis how much she hated Drummers...Started working an after school job and forgot to go back for 10,11,12...Shame too because our band trip was to Hawaii my Sr. Year and our then retired high school band instructor was replaced by someone that played with one of my brothers in college.

I've since found a guy using my name playing out of Vegas that has 3 or 4 drum instructional videos out...I gave them to my nephew and Son when they were playing as gag gifts..

• Plus1 1

This is the first song I heard from an Austin Radio station when I was moving there in the mid 80's...somewhere between Waco and North Austin.  I had no idea who this black guy was, but I decided then and there, I was going to buy a Strat and learn to play this.. Still trying to figure out how to tune it..