Deep-Fried Fish/Hushpuppies/Tater Tots/Pic/Edited

Someone gave us some fish that he had caught and we had it last night with hushpuppies and tater tots.  It was the best fish I have ever made.  Nothing beats fresh fish.  I used Zatarain’s New Orlean’s Style Fish Fri Seafood Breading Mix Crispy Southern for the fish coating and used Louisiana Homestyle Hush Puppy Seasoned Cornmeal Mix for the hushpuppies; had some tater tots too.  The hushpuppies turned out great, I put some chopped green onions in the batter.  I prepared them ahead of time.  When I made them, I formed them into balls and put them in a Tupperware container and refrigerated them until time to make them.  That helps the hushpuppies to firm up before making them.  I deep-fried the fish and the hushpuppies.  Used some homemade Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing for a dip.

Edited to say that the fish was covered first with milk and refrigerated, then I flipped the fish over to let the other side soak in milk for awhile..  Then I cut the fish on a cutting board so the pieces would fit in the deep fat fryer basket. then I put the pieces of fish in a Tupperware container and added the fish seasoning.  Put the lid on and shake it to coat well.  Refrigerate it until ready to deep fat fry.

F8AE88E9-856F-45C8-817D-647241B7C59B.jpeg

76A49298-46F6-401B-A660-8720CA6E2D22.jpeg

Edited by Roxy15
Added Somehing
  • Plus1 2