Audit finds mismanagement in Washington State athletics while Moos was AD

Considering the recruiting transgressions at places like Ole Miss, the Nike stuff in college basketball and all the other serious violations at other schools, this is pretty minor. They gave away too many tickets, didn't report it correctly and gave a few "possibly" unfair reduced price tickets to staff. Honestly, the biggest thing I got out of the articles is their may be some tax implications that weren't reported well. Inflating the attendance numbers is reaching for straws in my opinion, like was mentioned above if exact attendance were counted NU wouldn't have the streak. Doesn't seem like any sort of embezzlement or "missing funds" are being reported and those are true fiscal mismanagement issues.

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, Landlord said:

I copy pasted that from LJS :dunno

You're fine. It isn't clickbait if it tells you what happened in the headline.

Clickbait would be if it said, "Bill Moos made a big mistake at Washington State and you'll never believe what it was". Or something similar to those ads you see at the bottom of websites.

A few clickbait titles from the bottom of Athlon Sports: Awkward Olympic Wardrobe Malfunctions You Can't Unsee; The Truth About Danika Patrick and Aaron Rodgers' Relationship; Stars You May Not Know Passed Away; The Disturbing Untold Truth of Aaron Andrews

I talked to my brother about this and wanted to add some details to this off-season story.

Moos was hired by a president who has since passed away, Elson Floyd. It’s known within the region that Moos and the current WSU President didn’t see eye to eye, nor did the current Prez share the same vision as Moos and Floyd (hence why Moos was happy to come to Nebraska where $$$ and facilities are not an issue). 

Alumni are not particularly happy with the President and this review comes off like a smear campaign to save their own tails.

The smoke has cleared, for now, but wait to see what Leach does because I don’t see him getting played again by administrators he doesn’t trust. 

There are probably reasons to criticize Moos, but this isn’t one of them. 

• Plus1 1

Doesn't this just seem like a case of throwing the guy who isn't here anymore under the bus. There has to be dozens of people who are involved in the athletic department so the fact that an audit was required to find this shortcoming is kind of comical 

• Plus1 3
On 5/3/2018 at 3:27 PM, Comfortably Numb said:

Landlord and his click bait topic titles...:facepalm:

18 hours ago, Landlord said:

I copy pasted that from LJS :dunno

Well it was just a joke after all......but glad I could set ya up for all those +1's for settin' me straight.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, jcsmhammel said:

Doesn't this just seem like a case of throwing the guy who isn't here anymore under the bus. There has to be dozens of people who are involved in the athletic department so the fact that an audit was required to find this shortcoming is kind of comical 

WSU is poaching Moos out of season.  Not cool.

• Plus1 2