I follow Allyne Hane (The Lawn Care Nut) on YouTube and Twitter for lawn tips and this is after my first mow of the season after throwing down some Milorganite and lawn starter. I did throw down some tall turf fescue within the yard and in some bare spots. After a week I haven’t seen any grass growing but that’s normal should see some/ little results by week 2. I used the toro lawn striper today and made some double wide stripes

fvbe50.jpg

27wvtxi.jpg

• Plus1 5

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

The neighbors on either side of me mowed yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to get out. So now I have the obnoxiously shaggy lawn in the neighborhood.

I have a friend who says if he always mows his lawn one day after the neighbors his lawn looks better 86% of the time.

• Plus1 3

I have a small yard, so I switched to a push-mower a few years ago. Takes me about 20 minutes to mow and another 10 minutes to trim with the string trimmer. I really like it, especially not having to deal with gas/oil or engine issues. I can even sharpen it myself in just a few minutes.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I have a small yard, so I switched to a push-mower a few years ago. Takes me about 20 minutes to mow and another 10 minutes to trim with the string trimmer. I really like it, especially not having to deal with gas/oil or engine issues. I can even sharpen it myself in just a few minutes.

If I had a small enough yard, I could see myself doing this.

31 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I bought a battery-powered lawn mower since we have a pretty small yard. It does have a self-propel feature, but I really only use it to go uphill. Otherwise it's a push mower. But I can't get over how light and quiet it is.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a self propelled walk-behind mower.  If I hustle I can mow in about an hour. 

I changed the oil, took the blade off and sharped it the other day.  But the star shaped part on the drive shaft is sheared off.  I'm not sure how to fix that, or whether it even can be fixed.  :-/  

Edit: I didn't think that part came off.  It looked like part of the drive shaft coming out of the engine, when I had the blade off the other day.  But this youtube tells me the star shaped portion is just part of an adapter.  I'll need to take another look at it because my mower is slightly different than the one in the video.  LINK