New FieldTurf Being Installed on Outdoor Practice Field

On 5/9/2018 at 11:14 AM, Moiraine said:

Would it be legal for our turf to just be corn plants cut down really short?

Bald patches could be filled in with corn kernels. 

Just spit-balling. 

Why would they have to be cut short? Why not just play in a regular cornfield? It would add an extra home field advantage.

On 5/8/2018 at 3:05 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

I wish Nebraska would keep grass on the practice fields and go back to natural grass inside the stadium.  Football should be played on grass.

Agree.  We need to catch up OU, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Penn St, Auburn, Michigan St, etc, etc, etc ......... all beautiful , softer, cooler, nice odor, chemical free, less injuries natural grass.

TdcbBmj.png

UfhMH0U.png

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Anybody know what the Tunnel Walk surface is made of and/or its texture? I'd think cleats would be slippery on smooth concrete.

It's usually covered by the same turf that's on the field. They just have it torn up in that picture so they can install new.

1 hour ago, darkhorse85 said:

It's usually covered by the same turf that's on the field. They just have it torn up in that picture so they can install new.

Um ... I didn't think so.  Unless that's changed in the last couple years.  It used to some sort of hard-surface that was red.