17 college football moments that would’ve been even more amazing if Twitter had been around at the time

17 college football moments that would’ve been even more amazing if Twitter had been around at the time

Included is this:

Prime 90s Nebraska. I got to watch the 62-24 vivisection of Florida in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl live. It was like being on Twitter, but I could hear joints dislocated, so Twitter definitely would have been an improvement.

Please imagine Twitter randos trying to hate on the 1995 Huskers, talking s#!t about the option being a high school offense, and then seeing Tommie Frazier break 38 tackles on the way to the end zone.

I thought this was a cool idea. What other Nebraska football moments would've been even more amazing if Twitter had been around at that time?

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, GSG said:

I can only imagine the Twitter meltdown after Bennett's missed FG against FSU :ohnoes

Or the big missed calls that went against NU in that game. 1) Phantom clip call on a punt return for a NU TD and 2) William Floyd’s fumble at the goal line which was called a TD for FSU. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Or the big missed calls that went against NU in that game. 1) Phantom clip call on a punt return for a NU TD and 2) William Floyd’s fumble at the goal line which was called a TD for FSU. 

Oh yeah. The highlight truthers would've been out in full force!

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I didn't read the article, but Colorado's 5th down would have been epic.

Great minds and whatnot ;)

The Fifth Down. Officials make mistakes, like the 1990 incident when Colorado QB Charles Johnson lost count of the downs and spiked the ball on fourth-and-goal. He was evidently contagious. The officiating crew granted the Buffs another down, giving them five shots to score a game-winning TD in a 33-31 win over Missouri. They did this, won the game, and no controversy followed whatsoever.*

spideyfake.jpg

*Colorado split the national title with Georgia Tech! Controversy followed! None of this can ever be fixed, ever! Twitter woulD havE been completely rAasonable in THis situaTion, H we’RE AbsoluTely Sure.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, GSG said:

Great minds and whatnot ;)

Death Threats, took me a minute to figure that out on your spiderman post.  If no one else caught that the capital letters spell out "death threats", is that a common thing on twitter, the lettering I mean, not the death threats because i've heard that's quite common.

Imagine the s#!tshow Twitter would have been during and after the 2001 Colorado game. Nebraska's on a path to the national title game, and they get completely routed pillar to post in the last game of the season against Colorado no less. All the speculation would have been about how Nebraska lost its shot at the big dance (obviously, that speculation would ultimately be proven wrong...cue the next firestorm).

I think you would have to unplug the internet.

• Plus1 2