Trump and the Nobel Prize

1 hour ago, commando said:

i am starting to think that Trump and the horde of  trumpettes were counting their chickens before they hatched

Kind of reminds me of Kirk Herbstreit calling the 2005 USC team the 2nd-best team ever (behind 2001 Miami) a few days before they ended up losing to Texas in the BCS Championship Game. A totally different facet of life, but it probably riled up about the same number of people.

On 5/9/2018 at 9:36 AM, knapplc said:

I think the Obama Nobel Prize will forever be the benchmark of stupid Nobel prizes. 

If you look closely at Obama's aggressive use of drone warfare, it's fairly chilling and morally compromised. 

I guess that's why people don't look at it too closely.

• Plus1 1

On 5/9/2018 at 11:30 AM, BIG ERN said:

There are almost 100 million people living in Egypt alone. 3,500 people is a tiny tiny sample size. I get that Trump isn't helping his cause and my post wasn't directed towards him, just at stats in general when posted on social media. 

"Nebraskans prefer apple juice over chocolate milk" new study suggests. Surveyed 200 people in Omaha, NE. 

I get what you're saying about how surveys and stats can be bent to prop up whatever narrative the survey is pushing.  But, anti-US sentiment in the Middle East has been strong for a long time.  So yeah, while the sample size is small, I think it is pretty reliable.

• 4 weeks later...