Huskers vs. Indiana - May 11-13

3 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

Gotta respect Eratad pulling Altavila after the slow walk bat flip. 1. It shows actions have consequences and 2. Protects him from wearing one in a meaningless at bat. Plus you don't show boat when you're 10th. 

But he did crush that ball. 

Eh, in general I would agree.

But at this point in this season, I think you go a bit more lenient and hope some of that attitude carries over into a strong finish to the season.

• Plus1 3

14 hours ago, Mavric said:

Eh, in general I would agree.

But at this point in this season, I think you go a bit more lenient and hope some of that attitude carries over into a strong finish to the season.

Hope the team, who actually showed some emotion, doesn’t portray this as their coach cutting their nuts off. If what we see is what we know, that wasn’t enough to have the anger Erstad is holding. If there is more behind the scenes, then it was probably the right move. 

9 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Hope the team, who actually showed some emotion, doesn’t portray this as their coach cutting their nuts off. If what we see is what we know, that wasn’t enough to have the anger Erstad is holding. If there is more behind the scenes, then it was probably the right move. 

Yep I agree. Erstad teams have had some real nutless performances in games they needed to win. This may be the first time I saw them get angry, and fight. Gelo would have worn one, but I don't think he would have cared. I watched this team do Erstad's "grind" at the end of last year and mope around in 4 straight losses against Iowa, Maryland, Yale and Holy Cross.

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, Mike Mcdee said:

Gotta respect Eratad pulling Altavila after the slow walk bat flip. 1. It shows actions have consequences and 2. Protects him from wearing one in a meaningless at bat. Plus you don't show boat when you're 10th. 

But he did crush that ball. 

What Altavila did is no different than a football player celebrating after a TD, sack, etc. Let the players show some emotion after making a great play. 

Erstad needs to relax and let the kids have some fun because at this point, the season is basically over

• Plus1 1