Huskers vs. Indiana - May 11-13

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

God the "every game is the same" shtick is cringe-worthy at this point. I know I'm not alone in saying, this dude is so far removed in knowing what it takes to coach college baseball. If I were Will Bolt I would be livid that TO passed over him and offered the job to Erstad after one year as a volunteer coach.

5 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

God the "every game is the same" shtick is cringe-worthy at this point. I know I'm not alone in saying, this dude is so far removed in knowing what it takes to coach college baseball. If I were Will Bolt I would be livid that TO passed over him and offered the job to Erstad after one year as a volunteer coach.

Every game is the same except that we’re playing like “every game is postseason” right now, or something to that effect he said the other day. 

9 hours ago, Dewiz said:

What Altavila did is no different than a football player celebrating after a TD, sack, etc. Let the players show some emotion after making a great play. 

Erstad needs to relax and let the kids have some fun because at this point, the season is basically over

I agree. I've never cared if or understood why it was some unwritten rule. If the catcher and pitcher don't like it, don't give up the damn hr.

On 5/11/2018 at 8:50 PM, Mavric said:

Eh, in general I would agree.

But at this point in this season, I think you go a bit more lenient and hope some of that attitude carries over into a strong finish to the season.

Yep exactly, finally show some emotion.  Let's bench him, seriously let them have some fun playing baseball.   Guess what happened the next day, completely uninspired effort.   Attendance has been dropping for 4 years now and the lack of fun the team is having is a massive part of that.   Who wants to go watch the quite Cornhuskers.  At least with the bat flip it looked like he cared. 

9 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Every game is the same except that we’re playing like “every game is postseason” right now, or something to that effect he said the other day. 

Given Erstad's postseason record since Will Bolt. . .bolted (1-6 in Big 10 tournaments, 0-4 in regionals), they ARE playing like every game is the postseason this year :lol:  Oh wait :cry

24 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

IDK how good of a look it is tweeting this at a fan with like 50 followers, but here is DE saying he didn't sit Gelo for the bat flip. Seems like he is trying to backtrack because the benching got quite a bit of attention from the baseball media this week.

Then I’d love to hear the reason.  I’m calling BS.  

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Pasadena Husker said:

i'm glad he pulled him.  dude barely hits his weight.  has had a terrible season at the plate.

That could be said about a lot of the team.  With the way the season has gone, I think you let them have fun and celebrate when the opportunity presents itself.