Tim Miles: “If We Dont Lose Anyone We’re A Top 35 Team”

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So if everyone comes back and they still don't make the dance, even the biggest of Miles lovers will be done with him, right?

I would think so.  With what they should have back (everyone) they should be dancing and if not,  he should be looking for a new job. 

The next question is if they do go dancing but lose their first game what does Moos do?  Gone? One year extension? Extension out to a five year contract?  Something else?

1 minute ago, ECisGod said:

I would think so.  With what they should have back (everyone) they should be dancing and if not,  he should be looking for a new job. 

The next question is if they do go dancing but lose their first game what does Moos do?  Gone? One year extension? Extension out to a five year contract?  Something else?

If I am AD and he makes the dance and gets beat in the first round, I extend him for sure.

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, pearljammer said:

That would be a dream scenario for Allen to develop into the “Rey Gallegos Role”

Gallegos is one of those guys that didnt seem to get a ton of love when he was here but people talk highly of him after he left.

Gallegos might be one of the better jumpers I have seen. That dude would just bounce off those feet like a kangaroo.

Point is correct. If we could have a true 3 point threat who was also fast and could drive when needed, this team would become far better.

We have plenty of slashers.

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, ECisGod said:

If we dont make it, I probably would fire him... Even if its because of injuries.

1st round out... depends on the situation but I say 50/50.

The only reason I say that is we will be losing a lot of guys and this might be the perfect time to hit reset. I struggle with what we have in two years. I think Roby leaves. Obviously Watson, Palmer and Copeland are all for sure gone. Who knows with Jordy.

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I agree, as we have never had good luck with foreign players.  Nana has the athletic ability and younger players need a year to catch with speed of the game.  And before someone says anything, quite often we do not get the players Kansas or Kentucky gets.  We need to keep winning to get these type of players.

I figure Watson, Palmer, Copeland & Roby play about 30 minutes per game.  Allen probably 20-25 and Jordy 15-20.  That leaves 35-45 minutes to be split between Nana, Thor, Harris, Davis, Borchardt & Heiman (if the plan changes and he doesn't redshirt). 

I would think that Nana & Thor get the first shot at those minutes because they should know the system (I know - what system) with Borchardt getting maybe 3-5 minutes when there is foul trouble.  That's nine deep & ideally Miles wants the rotation to be 7-9 deep. 

Not sure where minutes come for Davis/Harris unless Nana & Thor can't get it done.  If they can't, Miles will have a quick hook for Davis/Harris like he does with most freshmen.

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Gallegos is one of those guys that didnt seem to get a ton of love when he was here but people talk highly of him after he left.

Gallegos might be one of the better jumpers I have seen. That dude would just bounce off those feet like a kangaroo.

Point is correct. If we could have a true 3 point threat who was also fast and could drive when needed, this team would become far better.

We have plenty of slashers.

Nana can jump out of the building and seems to have a good stroke, so maybe he's an option to fill that "Gallegos" role.  He only shot 2/8 on three's last year, but that's a very small sample size.  As I recall, Gallegos became a much better shooter as he got older so hopefully Nana will too.

5 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I figure Watson, Palmer, Copeland & Roby play about 30 minutes per game.  Allen probably 20-25 and Jordy 15-20.  That leaves 35-45 minutes to be split between Nana, Thor, Harris, Davis, Borchardt & Heiman (if the plan changes and he doesn't redshirt). 

I would think that Nana & Thor get the first shot at those minutes because they should know the system (I know - what system) with Borchardt getting maybe 3-5 minutes when there is foul trouble.  That's nine deep & ideally Miles wants the rotation to be 7-9 deep. 

Not sure where minutes come for Davis/Harris unless Nana & Thor can't get it done.  If they can't, Miles will have a quick hook for Davis/Harris like he does with most freshmen.

Unless Heiman puts on good weight and gets stronger, the Big 10 will toss him around like a wet rag.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Our Freshman might be ready to play, Harris is known for his D and Miles like D.  And Davis played on a team with some of the best players in the country.  Regardless, we need someone or two to step up this year.  

• Plus1 1

They should make a rule that Husker head basketball coach has to win at least oneNCAA tournament game per year or they are fired.

Just sooooo gdam sick of Huskers sucking in BBall and other things.  SHUT UP AND COMPETE!!!! 

It was OK that everything else sucked when football was good.

Even when other schools with legendary football were making the final 4.  Michigan.  Ohio St.  Wisconsin  Florida

We have never even won

1 NCAA mens tournament game!  I cant even tell you how absurd that is to me.

6 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

They should make a rule that Husker head basketball coach has to win at least oneNCAA tournament game per year or they are fired.

Just sooooo gdam sick of Huskers sucking in BBall and other things.  SHUT UP AND COMPETE!!!! 

It was OK that everything else sucked when football was good.

Even when other schools with legendary football were making the final 4.  Michigan.  Ohio St.  Wisconsin  Florida

We have never even won

1 NCAA mens tournament game!  I cant even tell you how absurd that is to me.

Noted