1. 1. Choose your win!

• 2015 Michigan State
    • 2015 UCLA
    • 2016 Wyoming
    • 2016 Oregon
    • 2017 Purdue
    • Other (Explain your choice)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/2018 at 04:59 AM

2 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

It's the off-season...just play along.  :snacks:

Oh I will, Peter Griffin was just the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the topic title. It’s good off season filler material....no offense to the OP. I am so looking forward to the time soon when most of us won’t even remember the name of the coach preceding SF.

And in that vain, I would like to propose that posting “hip hip hooray” for any reason should be a bannable offense.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Oh I will, Peter Griffin was just the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the topic title. It’s good off season filler material....no offense to the OP. I am so looking forward to the time soon when most of us won’t even remember the name of the coach preceding SF.

And in that vain, I would like to propose that posting “hip hip hooray” for any reason should be a bannable offense.

"In that vein..." not vain.  Sorry...don't mean to be the grammar or spelling police.  :facepalm:

But yeah, I completely 2nd the notion of using "Hip hip hooray" as an offense worthy of being banned.  :lol:

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

"In that vein..." not vain.  Sorry...don't mean to be the grammar or spelling police.  :facepalm:

But yeah, I completely 2nd the notion of using "Hip hip hooray" as an offense worthy of being banned.  :lol:

You caught me. When I typed that it didn't seem right but I'm in a particularly don't give a sh#t mood tonight. Maybe cuz I've had a coupl too many drinks...

59 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Ha! It's an easy word to transpose.

Oddly enough, that's the second time I've seen "vain" used where "vein" is appropriate today.  Weird coincidence.

Just now, teachercd said:

So, Riley, the OSU all time winningest coach...is now basically a GA...good lord

We should all be lucky enough to win the lottery and retire in a place we love doing an easier version of our best job. 

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Ha! It's an easy word to transpose.

Oddly enough, that's the second time I've seen "vain" used where "vein" is appropriate today.  Weird coincidence.

We should all be lucky enough to win the lottery and retire in a place we love doing an easier version of our best job. 

Amen!  Riley cashed about 4 lotto tickets in the last 30 years.  That is amazing.  I am jealous

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

Your anecdotal opinion doesn't matter - they were a premiere team, who beat the #4, #9, #11, and #19 teams in the nation, won their conference, and made the playoff. That's a great team, period. 

Please. Sparty has outperformed Michigan in every capacity possibly imaginable over the last decade, including 8-2 head to head. 

By definition, any team a MR team has beaten is not great.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I read your post, and envisioned the narrator being the guy who did the narration for "The Wonder Years."

"...and heads were not pulled out of butts."  :lol:

I'll second this motion.  I'd also go for something along the lines of the narrator of a children's show, like Thomas and Friends.  

UCLA game felt really, really good. After watching a season of us having a terrible pass game it was so vindicating to watch us run all over UCLA.  Especially since they had our number the last two times we played.  They loaded the box so hard and still had no answer for us the whole second half.  I think we scored 28 straight to come from behind win.  Then we felt hope for the entire off season.  Michigan State was biggest upset, but this one felt the best. And Oregon was good too until we figured out they sucked..

2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

If we're doing that then can we add "did you see the strain" to the ban worthy list?  I don't think it's needed though.  These phrases are bitter reminders of the recent past but over time they will get used less frequently.  Eventually when someones uses them they'll just be a quaint reminder of that bizarre period when Mike Riley was our coach.  Without them we might completely forget the past 3 years.  Those who forget history are bound to repeat it... although HB memory doesn't seem to effect who our next coach will be.  Never mind, ban them and anyone that mentions the coach after Solich! :lol: