1. 1. Snake or Auction

• Snake (Standard)
    • Auction
  2. 2. When Should We Have The Draft

• June
    • July
    • August
    • September

I know it is early, but it gives us plenty of time to hash out the details as to when we should have the draft, and what type of draft to have. I believe we all are fine with the ESPN fantasy league. So, let's debate whether to do a snake draft or an auction. I would like to try the auction because I haven't done one before, but if you want to do the standard draft I am fine with that. We could have @Mavric decide when is the right time frame to have the draft and figure it out from there. Let me know what you guys think. This should be fun.

36 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Im in again!

(Snake draft for me).

I just added a poll. Is there a specific month or time you would like to have the draft? 

22 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

I just added a poll. Is there a specific month or time you would like to have the draft? 

The closer to football season the better, I think. That way you can avoid drafting the injured players as long as possible.

38 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The closer to football season the better, I think. That way you can avoid drafting the injured players as long as possible.

So, the last week of August. That sounds good to me. Now we just need to get some other people on board.

Bump. Anyone else interested in joining. I am thinking we should just do the normal snake draft to make it easier. I was thinking of having the draft sometime between August 25-31.What do you guys think?

Whenever, I'll make it work.  And yeah snake draft based off last seasons results would be ideal.

53 minutes ago, Redux said:

Whenever, I'll make it work.  And yeah snake draft based off last seasons results would be ideal.

That's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought of before.  And not just because I'd pick first - picking first wouldn't be my first choice.  So maybe draft your draft spot by finish order from last year.  chuckleshuffle

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

That's an interesting idea that I hadn't thought of before.  And not just because I'd pick first - picking first wouldn't be my first choice.  So maybe draft your draft spot by finish order from last year.  chuckleshuffle

The leagues I manage work the opposite, last place picks first.  Just like the real NFL draft.

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

The leagues I manage work the opposite, last place picks first.  Just like the real NFL draft.

How does that work for people like me who weren't in the league last year?

New additions either take the spot of a team owner. ot returning or get bottom rung unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, Redux said:

New additions either take the spot of a team owner. ot returning or get bottom rung unfortunately.

Ok that is cool.

8 hours ago, Redux said:

Interesting idea as well.  I'm fine with that.

Well sounds like alot of work, won’t participate but I will make cookies for everyone lol

I would be down. We need more active people in my opinion as I think a few people didn't check every week. I had a horrific season but tried to be active and had two teams to deal with haha. It was really fun and I believe Mav won but I can't remember. 

I used to manage like 6 teams at once but that is way too much now. 

Since it is getting close, I think it it time to see who we all have, and how many more we need. Right now I know we have @HuskermanMike @Redux, @B.B. Hemingway, @Mavric and myself. I would like to have 10 or 12 people.If we could get the people we need, it will make it easier to pick a date. If anyone wants to join let us know.

2 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

We got 8 now. @obert1 are you in?

If ya'll don't mind a newbie to this, I'm in

21 minutes ago, obert1 said:

NO FEAR OF FAILURE!

I got second to last place and checked like a madman. You should be alright.

I think we need to put something on the line this season.  Dead last has to have name and avatar of our choosing?

39 minutes ago, obert1 said:

Hey, I wasn't in last year either. It would be great if we could get 3 more on board.

15 minutes ago, Redux said:

I think we need to put something on the line this season.  Dead last has to have name and avatar of our choosing?

Great Idea! Got anything in mind?

Just now, The Murphinator said:

Are they in?

We shall see, they were last year but I will let them respond. I just wanted to give people who might be interested. 

Just now, HuskermanMike said:

We shall see, they were last year but I will let them respond. I just wanted to give people who might be interested. 

That is cool. I was just wondering.

14 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

With an avatar of Wisconsin or Iowa?

Both

On Thu Aug 02 2018 at 10:36 PM, The Murphinator said:

Are they in?

I am Soooo in. Thinking about it past week too :thumbs

2 hours ago, admo said:

I am Soooo in. Thinking about it past week too :thumbs

Cool. That gets us to 12. Now we just need someone to create the league.

18 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Cool. That gets us to 12. Now we just need someone to create the league.

@Mavric You mind making it again. I don't think anyone would object. Maybe the same format as the previous year?

1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

@Mavric You mind making it again. I don't think anyone would object. Maybe the same format as the previous year?

Yeah.  I honestly couldn't remember who made it last year.  Didn't want to step on anyone's toes but if it was me I can do it again.

So apparently it seemed to re-up everyone from last year.  Trying to see if everyone is back in or if some aren't coming back.  Here's the list:

In for 2018

Nebraska Mavericks

B.B. Hemingway
Redux Boner Crew

Red Savage
WIU Huskers

Admo Foes

Not sure
Mike Hawk
Luckness Monsters
Runnin' Mickeys
Dudeguyy's Dogpound
Off Constantly
John Foxtrotters

I wasn't sure which teams were @Clifford Franklin @HuskermanMike, @The Murphinator, @Army_Allen, @Cdog923

And I must be missing one.

Let me know if you can't re-up your team.

http://games.espn.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=726791&seasonId=2018

Just now, Mavric said:

So apparently it seemed to re-up everyone from last year.  Trying to see if everyone is back in or if some aren't coming back.  Here's the list:

In for 2018

Nebraska Mavericks

B.B. Hemingway
Redux Boner Crew

Red Savage
WIU Huskers

Admo Foes

Not sure
Mike Hawk
Luckness Monsters
Runnin' Mickeys
Dudeguyy's Dogpound
Off Constantly
John Foxtrotters

I wasn't sure which teams were @Clifford Franklin @HuskermanMike, @The Murphinator, @Army_Allen, @Cdog923

I was Luckness monsters but need to change my name. Gotta go with a creative name change every year!

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

In for 2018

Nebraska Mavericks

B.B. Hemingway
Redux Boner Crew

Red Savage
WIU Huskers

Admo Foes

Not sure
Mike Hawk
Luckness Monsters
Runnin' Mickeys
Dudeguyy's Dogpound
Off Constantly
John Foxtrotters

I wasn't in last year. This is my first year @Mavric. Also, the link doesn't send me to the league. It sends me to the fantasy football home page.

11 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

I wasn't in last year. This is my first year @Mavric. Also, the link doesn't send me to the league. It sends me to the fantasy football home page.

OK.  I'm trying to figure out how to change things to delete teams that aren't back.  I can add new ones but I'm not sure what to do with teams that aren't playing this year.  I'll do some more checking and get you an invite sent.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

OK.  I'm trying to figure out how to change things to delete teams that aren't back.  I can add new ones but I'm not sure what to do with teams that aren't playing this year.  I'll do some more checking and get you an invite sent.

Ok. Thanks Mav! @obert1 also needs an invite.

Update:

In for 2018

Nebraska Mavericks

B.B. Hemingway
Redux Boner Crew

Red Savage
WIU Huskers

Admo Foes
Luckness Monsters
Off Constantly

Dudeguyy's Dogpound

Not sure
Mike Hawk
Runnin' Mickeys
John Foxtrotters

Still not sure who Mike Hawk was.  I think the other teams were @RunMickeyRun02 and @Branno