What is your favorite Husker Video

22 minutes ago, Landlord said:

This isn't my favorite ever, but as a shameless plug I'll submit it. I still get chills watching it.

Great video.  I'm not sure I've ever watched it before.  +1

OK I found it. This sends chills down my spine each time I see it and listen to it.  This is "The Greatest Video Ever"

The Nebraska Cornhuskers Tribute video with the Hoosiers movie music in the background. It starts wt the BobFather teams and ends

with the Crouch TD vs OU.

At 2:28 if you don't get chills - you are 1. either too young to understand or 2. too old and forgetful - dementia has set in or 3. Not a Husker fan. 

"Its Schlesinger !" 

At about 4:10 Tom tells the players to 'keep it going' - not a dry eye around.

Video ends with  'Day by Day, we get better and better, a team that can't be beat, a team that won't be beat'.

• Plus1 4

In watching some of these videos it reminds me that Bo had some very good teams - just couldn't get it over the hump and win the big games when they counted. 

Suh, TM, AA. L David, Prince, Rex, were  just a few of many exceptional athletes on his teams.  I could go on with a great list of players. Many could have done very

well during the 1990s run.  So we weren't devoid of talent under Bo. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

This isn't my favorite ever, but as a shameless plug I'll submit it. I still get chills watching it.

This is the only game I was ever able to hear from my apt and my video was on delay so I always knew when something good was about to happen. I think it got really loud once they started fighting a little.

Hopefully Colorado will be similar. Although I probably won't be able to hear it in my apt since I don't live in Lincoln anymore.

Game of the Century.  With the great Lyell Bremser calling the play.  One of the greatest play calls of all time!  

There's a great discussion of how Greg Pruitt--yes, OU"s Greg Pruitt--had a hand in setting up this punt return.  Skip to 4:54 in this video: LINK

• Plus1 2

If I could categorize them by coaches...

Not alive for Devaney 

TO: Frazier's Run, Fleakicker, schlesinger rumbling, the tipped pass td 93 orange bowl, beating ksu with turman in 94, frost's Washington statement, his #1 speech, and the tamu helmet spike

Solich: crouch trucking the Iowa safety, crouch's two heisman moments, heisman announcement, bo's blackshirts shutting down the osu three headed monster in the opener, Lord doubling back to score

Callahan: uh...hanging 70 on ksucks...TO becoming AD

Pelini: the monsuhn in missouri, roy's record breaking day, ragdoll colt, the kick and pick, bausserman osu comeback, taylor's attempt to beat Wisconsin single handed, Taylor stunning ksu fan, Taylor blowing up washington, that one time we beat wisconsin, Bo unleashed in college station, Kellogg's 15 minutes of fame

Riley: I did see the Oregon 2 point fiasco win...

Frost: announcement 

• Plus1 1

On 5/13/2018 at 8:27 PM, Frott Scost said:

Not sure how it would have been different under Frost. He still wouldnt have been a good passer and good defenses would have made adjustments to stop him from running just like they did under Pelini. 

Frost's O is "QB friendly". 

Also, I don't think Martinez gets enough credit for his passing ability. By no means was it stellar, but he had some bright spots.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Frost's O is "QB friendly". 

Also, I don't think Martinez gets enough credit for his passing ability. By no means was it stellar, but he had some bright spots.

For all the criticism Martinez gets for his passing abilities, he had the highest completion percentage of any Husker quarterback since Joe Ganz.

And if we look at TM's junior season (his last fully healthy season) and Lee's senior season stats in a vacuum, Martinez had a higher QBR, higher completion percentage, better TD/INT ratio and more yards per attempt. TL edged him total passing yards by only a couple hundred (3,143 to 2,871).

Certainly not trying to negate TM's struggles at times, but it's an interesting comparison nonetheless.

• Plus1 4
18 hours ago, TGHusker said:

OK I found it. This sends chills down my spine each time I see it and listen to it.  This is "The Greatest Video Ever"

The Nebraska Cornhuskers Tribute video with the Hoosiers movie music in the background. It starts wt the BobFather teams and ends

with the Crouch TD vs OU.

At 2:28 if you don't get chills - you are 1. either too young to understand or 2. too old and forgetful - dementia has set in or 3. Not a Husker fan. 

"Its Schlesinger !" 

At about 4:10 Tom tells the players to 'keep it going' - not a dry eye around.

Video ends with  'Day by Day, we get better and better, a team that can't be beat, a team that won't be beat'.

I can't stand the Rudy music.