1. 1. Choose one:

• 2015 BYU
    • 2015 Illinois
    • 2015 Purdue
    • 2017 Northern Illinois
    • 2017 Iowa
    • Other (Explain your choice)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2018 at 04:59 AM

11 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Silent Shawn's idea of leadership was to have you read about it in a book.

I got into it on Twitter with the author of that Energy Bus book that Shawn loved so much.  I said "You are the guy that almost ruined Husker football" and we did some good natured ribbing.

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

His promotion of the "best coach on campus" still makes me laugh. 

Oh, that is a good one.

'Check out our best coach on campus and just casually ignore the multi-national title winning volleyball coach because I'm an idiot.' - Shawn Eichorst

25 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I got into it on Twitter with the author of that Energy Bus book that Shawn loved so much.  I said "You are the guy that almost ruined Husker football" and we did some good natured ribbing.

I bet he sold quite a few books thanks to him!

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

Oh, that is a good one.

'Check out our best coach on campus and just casually ignore the multi-national title winning volleyball coach because I'm an idiot.' - Shawn Eichorst

The absolute best part of that is that Cook went out and coached his team to a national title, and Diaco got overwhelmed by the Strain. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Silent Shawn's idea of leadership was to have you read about it in a book.

I wonder how many big money boosters he made book recommendations to?

On 5/14/2018 at 8:39 AM, Nebfanatic said:

For me it was Minnesota this season. Their offense was atrocious but we clearly didn't get that memo. That was a painful game to watch, as was 63-3.

I voted for the NIU loss, but Minn last season is the correct answer.

And with the benefit of hindsight, this is the truly correct answer:

On 5/14/2018 at 9:58 AM, Toe said:

Our worst loss came on December 4, 2014.

Or possibly October 4, 2012

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

The energy bus/vampire thing that SE preached is something I have witnessed.  My second job as a teacher, my Principle/Superintendent was an energy vampire.  He was an ass and his method of keeping things in his control was to keep everyone on pins and needles all the time.  He would literally scream at people about insignificant things.  Everyone walked around looking over their shoulder.  Luckily he took a new job after my first year there.  Ironically he played football at Nebraska under TO.  

SE big problem IMO was that he was out of his depth.  He was a freaking pencil pushing lawyer.  I am sure Barry Alverez loved him as an Assistant AD because he was good at all the stupid administrative stuff that needs to get done that he didn't like doing.  It doesn't make you a leader though, it makes you a good accountant.  To be a good AD you have to be a people person first and foremost.  You have to be able schmooze people.  Deveney , Bill B, and Moos all have that.  TO doesn't that is why I don't think he was as good, but TO had the other element of a good AD.  He knew athletics and knew what was necessary to have winning programs.  BD, BB and Moos all know/knew sports and understood that.  SE is an accountant.  

Back to the OP, it is so hard to say what the worst loss is, so many have so much merit for the title.  I am going with Minnesota last year, for the simple reason I shut the game off about halfway through the 3rd q.  The team quit and and got stomped by a team that was terrible.  

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, NUinID said:

The energy bus/vampire thing that SE preached is something I have witnessed.  My second job as a teacher, my Principle/Superintendent was an energy vampire.  He was an ass and his method of keeping things in his control was to keep everyone on pins and needles all the time.  He would literally scream at people about insignificant things.  Everyone walked around looking over their shoulder.  Luckily he took a new job after my first year there.  Ironically he played football at Nebraska under TO.  

SE big problem IMO was that he was out of his depth.  He was a freaking pencil pushing lawyer.  I am sure Barry Alverez loved him as an Assistant AD because he was good at all the stupid administrative stuff that needs to get done that he didn't like doing.  It doesn't make you a leader though, it makes you a good accountant.  To be a good AD you have to be a people person first and foremost.  You have to be able schmooze people.  Deveney , Bill B, and Moos all have that.  TO doesn't that is why I don't think he was as good, but TO had the other element of a good AD.  He knew athletics and knew what was necessary to have winning programs.  BD, BB and Moos all know/knew sports and understood that.  SE is an accountant.  

Back to the OP, it is so hard to say what the worst loss is, so many have so much merit for the title.  I am going with Minnesota last year, for the simple reason I shut the game off about halfway through the 3rd q.  The team quit and and got stomped by a team that was terrible.  

I had the same type of principal for 12 years...THE WORST!

I totally agree about how you describe the AD position.  

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I had the same type of principal for 12 years...THE WORST!

I totally agree about how you describe the AD position.  

No way I would have done 12 years of  that.   

Again as far as being an AD goes some people just aren't made for the job SE wasn't.  I personally think I would be a terrible AD I hate schmoozing people.  

On 5/14/2018 at 9:39 AM, Nebfanatic said:

For me it was Minnesota this season. Their offense was atrocious but we clearly didn't get that memo. That was a painful game to watch, as was 63-3.

Very painful to watch for sure ! ( and I watched the whole game ugh). I still say NIU was worse for me though because at that point in the season I still had hope . By the Minnesota game the season was already down the drain,  and nothing that happened surprised, or bothered me, any more . Just wanted it over, and Riley gone .