Keyan Williams

I'm really thankful and proud of the words some of these players have used in recent months when leaving the program. A lot of it just has to do with the general vibe of the coaching change and how different it all is from the 2015 situation, but I think you can also tell Frost and his staff mean a lot to some of these players. The staff has treated them with love and respect, helping to push them toward their goals even if Nebraska is unfortunately no longer the right fit.

It's also just one more example of why the buy-in is going so well right now, perhaps as well or better than any coaching change could hope.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

85 it is.

Though it sounds like Vedral will be on scholarship this fall so we probably need one more to leave yet.

I'm still expecting a LB to transfer at some point.

So far POB, Miles, Brokop, and Williams - 4 offensive guys and none on defense.  That shouldn't be unexpected with the style shift on offense, just interesting.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

any quick and easy way to look up guys who have not redshirted yet and most likely wont contribute? That would be a good barometer for who may transfer.

Looking at the scholarship chart, guys who have spent at least 2 years in the program and have yet to make much of an impact:

Matt Snyder - TE

David Engelhaupt - TE

Jalin Barnett - OL

Christian Gaylord - OL

John Raridon - OL

Boe Wilson - OL

Daishon Neal - DL

Peyton Newell - DL

Pernell Jefferson - LB

Quayshon Alexander - LB

Sedrick King - LB

Tony Butler - DB

JoJo Domann - DB

You could debate a couple of these and some others.

Of this list, I could see any of Snyder, Barnett, Newell, Jefferson, Alexander, King, or Butler transferring. The other guys or players not on this list would surprise me a little bit.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...